Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's got to be asked... will anyone who has the Quined edition of this have any issues with compatibility such as different sized cards, etc...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
So far this is the rumor:
Quote:
The larger wonder cards will be included in the expansion for the Quined and Ergo Ludo versions. They will very probably not included in the Stronghold, Schwerkraft and MasQueOca versions.

My advice is (if interested in the expansion) to buy the expansion from the same publisher of the basic box you own in order to maximize compatibility of the materials (maybe also the meeples will be a little different in the "new" versions).
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/193640/item/4015188?c...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
BOYNTON BEACH
FL
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adamredwoods wrote:
So far this is the rumor:
Quote:
The larger wonder cards will be included in the expansion for the Quined and Ergo Ludo versions. They will very probably not included in the Stronghold, Schwerkraft and MasQueOca versions.

My advice is (if interested in the expansion) to buy the expansion from the same publisher of the basic box you own in order to maximize compatibility of the materials (maybe also the meeples will be a little different in the "new" versions).
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/193640/item/4015188?c...

For those that own the Quined Edition of the base game:

They can buy the Stronghold Games edition (or ones from the other publishers) of the “Cults & Cultures” expansion, and then they can purchase a set of 16 Wonder cards (which are now full-sized/poker-sized cards) directly from Stronghold Games for compatibility. The price for these will be small ($5 or so plus shipping).

We are trying to take care of you guys, as you can see...

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
BOYNTON BEACH
FL
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

We'll let you know via Newsletter, Twitter, FB... and if I remember, right here as well...

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the upgrade pack!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea still if there's going to be a Quined version of the expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shader10 wrote:
Any idea still if there's going to be a Quined version of the expansion?

I'd like to know too. Easier to buy from Quined games, rather than these upgrade packs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicol Stéphane
France
chateaugiron FRANCE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have asked Quined on twitter but no response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Mölleken
Germany
45147 Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the upgrade pack, Stephen!

For doing this I'll purchase my expansion at the Stronghold booth!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Sz
France
Paris
flag msg tools
Hi,

I've asked to Quined Game, they answered me: no expansion will ne produced by thème actually...

I'm so sorry...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert F-C
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Bravo for Stronghold to go the extra mile and create an upgrade kit for Quined customers (it's certainly something they didn't have to do). Thanks Stephen - it's stuff like this that builds brand loyalty in customers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who is doing the german version of the expansion compatible to the Quined edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Reuter
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris,

We are doing the German version of the expansion.
We also have the larger wonder cards available for owners of the Quined core game.

Visit out our publisher shop:
http://www.schwerkraft-verlag.de/shop/goldene-zeitalter/

Carsten
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Bosch
Netherlands
Rotterdam
ZH
flag msg tools
badge
In honour of the brave crew of Hr.Ms. Java 27-02-1942 † Battle of the Java Sea
mbmbmbmbmb
Just recieved my German Cults & Cultures and I also have the replacement cards (needed for owners of the Quined edition!). Overall compatibility with the Quined edition is good. I'm glad Schwerkraft-Verlag went the extra mile and made the replacement cards available for us existing owners. Just a few (very minor) niggles.

- The extra meeples, cubes for the 5th player are different. Cubes are larger, colonist are slightly different. I'm OCD enough to notice but it doesn't bother me (much).
- Player board for 5th player is on thin cardboard. The Quined ones are on thicker card (the same thickness as the technology tiles).
- The culture track is also on thin cardboard would have preferred the thicker card.
- The new building cards are the only cards you have to mix with the Quined cards. These cards are the same size but have a woven finish so you can see that they are different. It's not a big problem because you will shuffle and deal the building cards at the start of an era so it's no use to know one of the new cards is on top of the draw pile.

Do keep in mind that this expansion only has German rules included. There is also minor German writing on the culture cards. It's there to clarify the culture flavor (a flavor picture of bronze making can be mistaken for iron making so this makes sense). The game symbols still indicate the card effect and are as clear as ever.

Other components fit nicely with the Quined ones. The expansion will fit into the Quined box if you are short on shelf space. I still have to play a game with the expansion but it looks good and I'm pretty sure it will add even more flavor to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boshar wrote:
Just recieved my German Cults & Cultures and I also have the replacement cards (needed for owners of the Quined edition!). Overall compatibility with the Quined edition is good. I'm glad Schwerkraft-Verlag went the extra mile and made the replacement cards available for us existing owners. Just a few (very minor) niggles.

- The extra meeples, cubes for the 5th player are different. Cubes are larger, colonist are slightly different. I'm OCD enough to notice but it doesn't bother me (much).
- Player board for 5th player is on thin cardboard. The Quined ones are on thicker card (the same thickness as the technology tiles).
- The culture track is also on thin cardboard would have preferred the thicker card.
- The new building cards are the only cards you have to mix with the Quined cards. These cards are the same size but have a woven finish so you can see that they are different. It's not a big problem because you will shuffle and deal the building cards at the start of an era so it's no use to know one of the new cards is on top of the draw pile.

Do keep in mind that this expansion only has German rules included. There is also minor German writing on the culture cards. It's there to clarify the culture flavor (a flavor picture of bronze making can be mistaken for iron making so this makes sense). The game symbols still indicate the card effect and are as clear as ever.

Other components fit nicely with the Quined ones. The expansion will fit into the Quined box if you are short on shelf space. I still have to play a game with the expansion but it looks good and I'm pretty sure it will add even more flavor to the game.

That is bit of a bother, although not a terrible one. The card backs are the only one that might cause issues, but I assume if you buy the replacement card set for the new wonder cards, you'll end up with a full set that's completely identical. I'm still hoping Quined will eventually pick the expansion too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Bosch
Netherlands
Rotterdam
ZH
flag msg tools
badge
In honour of the brave crew of Hr.Ms. Java 27-02-1942 † Battle of the Java Sea
mbmbmbmbmb
I just made some comparison pictures. Will link them here once they are approved. I don't think I will use the 5th player option that often so I have no problem with the different player pieces.

Even with the replacement cards you will end up with a mixed buildings deck. Again that's not a problem. After initial shuffling the building cards are open information. I have to squint my eyes to see the difference. More information once my pictures are approved.

First picture is approved

Have to redo my overview picture also showing the meeples. I used glare to show the texture on the new builder cards so... The picture was declined due to to much glare whistle

Made a new picture with only meeples and no glare to please the admin. Will add that after approval.

EDIT

It's up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boshar wrote:
I used glare to show the texture on the new builder cards so... The picture was declined due to to much glare whistle

They're just great. I've had the same kind of rejection once for a blurred effect made on purpose.

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Ferreira
Belgium
Liège
Liège
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello guys! I have the Quined edition of the base game, and I would like to buy the expansion...

Do I need to buy the upgrade pack for Quined's edition for being able to play the game with the expansion? Where can I find it? (I live in Europe)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls