Craig Groff-Folsom
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just completed my first game (Crisis mode) with the Arrow crossover pack. I used the HU main deck and Crisis 2 main deck add-ins.

Originally I was considering Sara Lance, but it appeared that her ability does not override the Crisis rule for Villains being destroyed when gained (unlike Crisis Black Canary, who specifically mentions that it overrides the rule). Instead, I chose Felicity Smoak.

With the Crisis game, deck manipulation becomes so much more important than in the normal game. Felicity's ability to pull cards from the main deck under her Super Hero card and then later choose to take them into hand by playing 2 Heroes is incredibly good when you are trying to set up the necessary combos to complete Crisis cards. Additionally, the other main deck cards (and Super Villain attacks) give you the flexibility to store a lot of cards beneath your Super Hero for later use.

Thanks to an ill-timed Heroic Sacrifice, I lost Felicity (and, I assumed, all the cards under her). I finished the game out with Roy Harper and a hastily-assembled new deck, but even then it only took 64 main deck cards to get through 8 Crisis cards and the Arrow Super Villain stack.

If anyone out there plays primarily Crisis mode (like me) and is on the fence about Arrow, you will not regret picking up these cards. The price is right, and the new gameplay options are a lot of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Yamaguchi
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Felicity will be even more interesting in Crisis 3 when she can join the Suicide Squad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Goertz
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
NA NA NA NA . . .
mbmbmbmbmb
nekobat wrote:
Felicity will be even more interesting in Crisis 3 when she can join the Suicide Squad.

Was a theme for Crisis 3 announced yet?

I know Crisis 2 focused on Blackest Night and we were curious if we would see more Forever Evil/Trinity War tie-in's or something completely different. Suicide Squad would be great, especially since we already have Harley with the base FE set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Yamaguchi
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BenJazz wrote:
nekobat wrote:

Was a theme for Crisis 3 announced yet?

I know Crisis 2 focused on Blackest Night and we were curious if we would see more Forever Evil/Trinity War tie-in's or something completely different. Suicide Squad would be great, especially since we already have Harley with the base FE set.

http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/32316/dc-comics-deck-buil...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M D
United States
Peotone
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used her as well but went with the Arrow super villains and the teen titans deck and crisis 2. She was over powered for that setup, with the ongoing cards she was an unstoppable beast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Brady
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Felicity has dealt with some pretty harrowing situations. You may not know this but she has a scar. Her wisdom teeth were removed when she was 16 and she had to get three stitches, really badly impacted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Chhay
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
did I buy this?
badge
Nodoka Miyazaki ~ Negima!
mbmbmbmbmb
nekobat wrote:

I've always felt that Felicity was way stronger than any of the other Arrow Super Heroes - the ability to just gain cards from the main deck is so strong.

Also, I was never planning to pick up the Forever Evil set, but now I might have to just so I can get Crisis 3. The Suicide Squad is one of my of my favorite comics. Hopefully I can locate a first printing with the included promo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.