Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it was interesting to hear the interview about Campaign Trail on The Spiel in which it's mentioned that it's one of the only election games that is for more than 2 players.

I'm a big fan of Campaign Trail, which supports 2 to 6 players.

If the new game is as good as the old one, I'll be looking forward to it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
mb
Eric Brosius wrote:
I thought it was interesting to hear the interview about Campaign Trail on The Spiel in which it's mentioned that it's one of the only election games that is for more than 2 players.

While technically, that statement is tautologically true, that's a very deceptive statement. _Most_ election games allow for more than 2 players:

Landslide
Consensus
Mr. President (and Mr. President and Mr. President USA)
Game of Politics
Candidate

...and that's not to mention Campaign Trail (either version) or any of the non-US election games (all of which I'm aware of are multiplayer, befitting most non-US elections).

I actually have a much harder time coming up with a list of election games for 2 players only. 1960: The Making of the President and Campaign Manager 2008 are the only ones I can think of offhand, even as a fan of the genre.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, Joe, but for some reason in the podcast episode it was claimed that most election games are for 2 players only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
mb
Didn't think you were arguing otherwise, Eric. It was just an interesting idea, that didn't jive with my recollection, and I wasn't up to a formal study at present so I decided to at least check to see if my intuition agreed with my recollection.

And, I'm hoping, see the list of election games I've missed. (Well, besides the one I didn't list intentionally, and Election Night, which I simply forgot initially and which is for two players only.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Die Macher the grand daddy of election games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls