Subject: Rules clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grenko Nekrovitch
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, first session and first questions on the rules and some text on cards :

1. Laser targeter : the card reads "+1 modifier to RoF" it should be "+1 modifier to RoA" ?

2. What is the rule for the passive skill MEDIC ?

3. Tactical advantage : the card reads "draw 5 cards" It should be "draw to have 5 cards" no? In the other case, you can begin a cycle that make you have all your cards in hand, if you draw it again after the shuffle.

4. The quick "rules references" at the end of the rule book reads in the summary table that :
- If the ST is less than 10 => Armour bonus = 10-ST
- If the ST is more than 10 => Armour modification = ST-10
But if the ST is 16 : 16-10 = +6 and not -6 has it should be. Therefor, The summary table should read in both case : Armour bonus/modification = 10-ST. No?

5. The Sentry token can be used for an action that I have already done during the activation of the model? An other CC action for exemple?

6. In the rules we read : "A Model may target an opponent's model Engaged in Close combat. If it does, the it receives a -10 modifier to its RS Test Value". So firing to an opponent model in the same OR adjacent tile (if he is engaged with one or more of my models) ends with such modifier? Models never take such shot with such modifier ! In consequence, when an Alien is on your tile, all the squad is bound to do CC action. Right?

Thanx for the answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Jong
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grenko wrote:
Hi, first session and first questions on the rules and some text on cards :

1. Laser targeter : the card reads "+1 modifier to RoF" it should be "+1 modifier to RoA" ?
Yes

Quote:
2. What is the rule for the passive skill MEDIC ?
Rulebook Page 35:
Medic (P): Grants Heal (4) to every friendly Model on the same and adjacent Tile(s)

Heal (X) (P): When a Model with the Heal Special Skill Loses a wound, take a Heal (X) Test with Test value equal to X. If Test is passed, ignore the wound. Heal rolls may not be made against wounds suffered as a result of a Power Shot (rolling a 1 on the d20)

So basically all marines on adjacent tiles get 1/5 chance of dodging.

Quote:
3. Tactical advantage : the card reads "draw 5 cards" It should be "draw to have 5 cards" no? In the other case, you can begin a cycle that make you have all your cards in hand, if you draw it again after the shuffle.
I think it is as written. You draw 5 cards, then discard down to 5 as per rules of the game. So basically lets you choose 5 you want to keep after drawing 5. Drawing it again would be annoying.

Quote:
4. The quick "rules references" at the end of the rule book reads in the summary table that :
- If the ST is less than 10 => Armour bonus = 10-ST
- If the ST is more than 10 => Armour modification = ST-10
But if the ST is 16 : 16-10 = +6 and not -6 has it should be. Therefor, The summary table should read in both case : Armour bonus/modification = 10-ST. No?
You are correct. Armor appears to be 10-ST in all cases

Quote:
5. The Sentry token can be used for an action that I have already done during the activation of the model? An other CC action for exemple?
Sentry is tricky. Basically your model must have 2 actions open to use Sentry, since it allows you to bank an action for the enemy turn. So, 1 action to Sentry, and 1 action on enemy turn. If you were to, say, CC and then Sentry as in your example, you have no actions left to use on enemy's turn (since Sentry doesn't give you an extra action). This is confusing and worded poorly, but has been confirmed by Prodos.

Tactical move with Marines is different, granting a Move action plus an action on the enemy's turn.

Quote:
6. In the rules we read : "A Model may target an opponent's model Engaged in Close combat. If it does, the it receives a -10 modifier to its RS Test Value". So firing to an opponent model in the same OR adjacent tile (if he is engaged with one or more of my models) ends with such modifier? Models never take such shot with such modifier ! In consequence, when an Alien is on your tile, all the squad is bound to do CC action. Right?
You are correct. I'm guessing they are simulating the difficulty in shooting a fast moving alien or avoiding shooting others in confined spaces.

Quote:

Thanx for the answers.
I hope they are correct and helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grenko Nekrovitch
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thak you for your answers:

- For Medic and Heal I just missed that line laugh , this will be helpfull.

- For the 5 cards : I forgot that the rules state a 5 max hand of card.

- For the SENTRY action I understand now that it is an action spend at you turn, to put the token, to use your OTHER action during the oppenent turn. And NOT keeping your action, declared SENTRY, for later. Right ?

- For the rest:
My first try was very static. Small tiles/corridors where Marines cannot fire at long range. Aliens comming to contact and therefor engaging tiles and models leaving no other way to make CC actions. The -10 modification, and the disengaging rule preventing the Marines to shoot at the Aliens, or fould back to shoot.

If my other games feel the same, i'll try 2 variantes :

- The modification of -10 will be used only if you shoot at engaged opponent model on en Engaged tile in witch you have an other model. The -10 simulating the fact that you try not to shoot your friend. But if the shooter is the only model of your faction engaged on the tile, or if you shoot an adjacent tile with models engaged with an other faction, the modification will be -2.

- The disengaging rule (you must pass a CC test to move) will be kept only if you try to disengage a model from a engaged tile and that your faction will have less models on that tile. In other word, you can move out(without the CC test) of an engaged tile any model that is strictly over the number of opponents models on that tile.

- and thematicly : using the flame thrower won't produce and acid blood throw. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls