Hide
6 Posts

Smash Up» Forums » Rules

Subject: copycat-ing your flower child rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
quinn hunsaker
msg tools
so you play a flower child and steal a minion. Next turn you play a copycat. does the copycat return to your control at the end of the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim D
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rules questions thread during play testing:

The Flower Child ability is a command, not a current condition, so its effects last permanently, or at least until some other ability changes the control.

With the Copycat, you copy this command (commands are on play abilities). The fact that the copycat copies the ability "until end of turn" does not revert the result of the command.

See it like this: when you use the copycat to copy an on play ability that lets you draw a card, you don't have to return the card or discard it or whatever at the end of the turn, when the copycat's ability ends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Thomason
New Zealand
Nelson
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd just like to point out you can't copycat your flower child or any of your other minions. Copycat only targets other players

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Young
United States
virginia beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Weaselboy wrote:
I'd just like to point out you can't copycat your flower child or any of your other minions. Copycat only targets other players

Yeah it's as he says "Choose another player's minions play. This cards has the same ability as that minion until the end of the turn." But if someone else plays it and you then take that minion it would stay with you indefinitely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim D
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weaselboy wrote:

As your flower child leaves your control because of it's own ability, it becomes someone else's minion, so you can copy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Thomason
New Zealand
Nelson
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quit and nuts wrote:
Weaselboy wrote:

As your flower child leaves your control because of it's own ability, it becomes someone else's minion, so you can copy it.

That'd work. Haven't seen the flower childs ability to know that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls