Subject: Game Recommendations like Zombicide or Settlers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Jourdan
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Hi guys and gals,

I am looking for a game like Zombicide or Settlers of Catan for my friend. My co-worker mentioned Descent and Ascension, but he is going to buy those so we won't have to. We play those almost every other weekend. What he likes about Zombicide is the RPG aspects to it like levelling up and new abilities plus the strategy to it. I already kicked Mercs: Recon and I think he will love it once I get it. What he likes about Settlers is the cutthroat Monopoly aspect. So any suggestions will be much appreciative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
Do you all like Sci-Fi? Maybe Xia or Firefly... those are the first ones that comes to mind that have leveling up as well as being competitive instead of being a co-op.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jourdan
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Yeah he has an interest getting into Star Wars Attack Wing, but none of us want to get in it lol. Thank you I will pass those recommendations along.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilbert Tobal
Spain
Cobeña
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Arcadia Quest has a lot of rpg aspects as well, plays 4 and has the option of playing an entire campaign over several sessions. The sequel should be in kickstarter later this year.

Power Grid has auctions for properties (power plants) and the resource to power them. Turn order is dynamic too so it can end up being very cutthroat

A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition)is an area control, no luck game that is heavy on politics, negotiation, betrayal and backstabbing. It is extremely cutthroat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Fraser
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out Lords of Vegas if you like games that are cut throat, and involve trading and plenty of interaction. It's an excellent game with solid replayability and decent depth. The rules are fairly simple and there is lots of luck, but there is enough strategy that you feel like you earn a win. Most importantly: it's fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take joy from your wins; take lessons from your losses.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Poserdisposer wrote:
Check out Lords of Vegas if you like games that are cut throat, and involve trading and plenty of interaction. It's an excellent game with solid replayabilit

y and decent depth. The rules are fairly simple and there is lots of luck, but there is enough strategy that you feel like you earn a win. Most importantly: it's fun.

Lock of the week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toms Leikums
Latvia
Jelgava
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game is another cool zombie game. No leveling up for chars though. But you get to search for and use different items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Star Wars: Imperial Assault

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ford
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If he likes Zombicide, Dead of Winter might be one for you...Dead of Winter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.