Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt H
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZGG's mastermind ability and his tactic cards all refer to villains with the Rise of The Living Dead keyword - when not using The Deadlands villain group, should I just add that keyword to whatever villain group I am using?

This isn't quite the same as when playing Apocalypse or Mole Man since they reference a specific villain group, while ZGG just references a keyword.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Drury
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
The only stupid question... is the one you don't ask!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Ghost Racers also have the Rise of The Living Dead keyword. I would say if you don't include any groups that contain the keyword, then you just don't have to do the action as you'll never have any in your Victory pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah okay forgot about the Racers, haven't used them in a game yet.

Makes sense to just play the cards as printed, I guess it just seemed like it really nerfs a lot of Goblin's power if you use any other villain group

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombie Goblin isn't particularly good in solo. All you have to do is play the three Spider Man heroes and he's completely nerfed, as there won't be any 7 cost cards in the hero deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
M_Strauss wrote:
Zombie Goblin isn't particularly good in solo. All you have to do is play the three Spider Man heroes and he's completely nerfed, as there won't be any 7 cost cards in the hero deck.

Which... when you think about it... makes perfect sense thematically
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Drury
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
The only stupid question... is the one you don't ask!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:
M_Strauss wrote:

Well, yes and no. Green Goblin is Spider-Man's greatest Foe. He's kind of a push over in this scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, what James said

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blipadouzi wrote:
IronSyndicate wrote:
M_Strauss wrote:

Well, yes and no. Green Goblin is Spider-Man's greatest Foe. He's kind of a push over in this scenario.

True, he's his greatest foe - but if anyone knows how to take out Gobby, it's Peter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Qui Gon Kin wrote:
ZGG's mastermind ability and his tactic cards all refer to villains with the Rise of The Living Dead keyword - when not using The Deadlands villain group, should I just add that keyword to whatever villain group I am using?

This isn't quite the same as when playing Apocalypse or Mole Man since they reference a specific villain group, while ZGG just references a keyword.

Thoughts?

It's also been stated here on BGG that when playing against Apocalypse, if you aren't actually using the Four Horsemen Villain group, you are supposed to treat whatever Villain group you are using as having the same effects.

i.e. each one gets +2\\\ and Apocalypse wins if each of the four escape.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but ZGG doesn't have a special rule that bestows Rise of the living dead on the deadlands, as an extra when he leads them, the deadlands come with that rule, and most other villain groups don't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M_Strauss wrote:

Picking randomly, that's pretty unlikely to happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With all the possible combinations there are bound to be some game duds. It really only sucks because of the time to set everything up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
M_Strauss wrote:

Picking randomly, that's pretty unlikely to happen.

I like to be challenged by the game. We all know we can beat this scenario using the spiders. It's more fun to figure out a scenario when you don't have the optimal setup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.