Popular Tags: [View All]
Wayne McIlvaine
Thailand
Hua Hin
Prachuap Khiri Khan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule book states orientation is critical, and that you need to place the mountains around the workshops, but it isn't clean how the mountains should be oriented.

Did I miss something?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are outlines on the tiles themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skipmc wrote:
The rule book states orientation is critical, and that you need to place the mountains around the workshops, but it isn't clean how the mountains should be oriented.

Did I miss something?

Thanks!

There are markings for the mountains on the edges of the tiles. It doesn't matter which way you align the mountain on the marking. The tiles just need to all be oriented 'right-side up' the same way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne McIlvaine
Thailand
Hua Hin
Prachuap Khiri Khan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! I don't know how I missed that!

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Canales
Switzerland
Pully
flag msg tools
badge
That's my spot... You're on *my* spot...
mbmbmbmbmb
Ganybyte wrote:
Why not just mix the tiles in and oreint them randomly for more variety? This is not a suggestion, but a real question. What's the gameplay consequences of incorrect orientation.

Actually, the three Crafting Tiles (with the mountains) are different and do not share the same mountain settings (meaning the spots where you're supposed to put the mountain are not on the same borders of the tiles) which tends to offer a little variety I guess?

Yet, by not putting them in the center you -could- (as you stated) end up with a configuration where one or more of those tiles are in corners/sides making them impossible/very tricky to go to.

You'd have to rearange or turn the tiles to be able to access them which makes the setup more tedious for no noticeable bounce in variability (imho).

Also, the "pit" would be less fun if on a border/angle.

TL/DR: Nothing game breaking. Rule might be ignored with minor hasstle if variability is a real problem to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Canales
Switzerland
Pully
flag msg tools
badge
That's my spot... You're on *my* spot...
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if you apreciate tricky situations, it might be just as fun or even more fun to mix the tiles like you want to. I stated less fun for the pit because to me, it is very fun to play all around it. I like to have a few games "by the book" before trying to experiment but that idea is definitely a good one if you want to spice things up among a group of experimented players. Maybe I'll try it someday. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls