J. Simcoe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just for a bit of fun been thinking what other things could be added to this great game.

PS Ignore the first question, that was an mistake (was trying to figure out how polls worked and when I tried to delete the question it came up with an error and I couldn't figure out how to get rid of it!). Also this is my first poll so hope I did it right!

Edit - Looking over the options I think the "Miniatures only available separately via retail" is worded wrong and open to interpretation. I meant it to mean that the miniatures (mainly the base game but others also) to be available separately aswell as in the normal release in case you wanted more of that type without the need to buy the whole a base set/expansion just to get some extra miniatures. Hope that a bit clearer?

Poll
1. New Heroes
2. What things would you like to see in the game (Beyond what has already been announced in the Kickstarter?)
  1 (Doesn't need it/Not really bothered) 2 3 4 5 (Give it to Me Now!)
More Heroes
More Enemies
More Missions
More Other Worlds
More Mine/Other World Encounters
More Gear/Artifacts
More Darkness/Growing Dread Cards
More/Alternate Scavenge/Loot cards
More/Alternate Exploration Tokens
Town Item Gear cards
Injury/Insanity/Mutation cards
Hero Upgrade cards
Differant settings for adventures (like the Hell Train for example)
Expanded Hero Rules (more options for hero creation, higher levels etc.)
Expanded Combat Rules (more tactical, more actions etc.)
Expanded Campaign Rules (something similar to Hexcrawl for example)
RPG Variant (ie with an Overlord/Game Master, like Descent for example)
Premium pre-assembled, pre-painted miniatures
App to keep track of Heroes
Expanded/Revised rulebook (clearer rules, faqs, more variant rules)
Miniatures only available separately via retail
Website card expansions to be available via normal retail
      88 answers
Poll created by Green Angel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
From the dark depths of the ancient ocean, a kindly cetacean spirit with a penchant for board games and dumb made up bios
badge
I like themes. I like stories. I like plastic. I like brutal co-ops. I am kickstarter's whipping boy. Come game with me!
mbmbmbmbmb
No option for "a much better balanced game" ?

One that can support all of the other stuff thrown on top of it without still becoming a cake walk at high levels, that's what I really want from FFP.

Then they (and fans) can build in 100 different directions. But without nicely scaled levelling / difficulty, it's hard to justify coming back to a game for all that extra stuff, when it just lies down and surrenders after heroes hit level 3-4 ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Simcoe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have to admit I did think about adding something like that to the poll. But with all the new enemies out/coming soon, which by all accounts are a bit tougher, balance my not be so much of an issue in the future. Plus it could be covered by an Expanded rulebook with some more difficulty variants (there are plenty about anyway).

Just a note about the poll, some of the options I don't really want myself (not keen on a rpg version as I always play solo), was just trying to think of as many different things that could be done to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ira Taraday
Canada
Unspecified
Ontario
flag msg tools
The game doesn't really need more enemies or scenarios, it needs a better (or at least some) variety of both.

I'm honestly kind of pissed that nearly all the enemies in the 2 base games are 90% the same and same with the missions. I don't want to see more enemies if they are just going to be "get in your face following the shortest path and hit you till dead" variety that we already have or more missions of explore until you get x clue tokens and fight boss.

The game also really needs a more tactical combat system. I think the simplicity of the system is just hurting the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Wizuriel wrote:
The game also really needs a more tactical combat system. I think the simplicity of the system is just hurting the game.
Respectfully, I don't think it is hurting the game. It seems to be FFP's best selling product right now based on only the original retail release (which they can't keep in stock) without expansions. It is one of the most active forums on BGG nearly a year after the initial copies were hitting peoples' doorsteps.

It's fair to say it doesn't appeal to you as is, but I don't think he game is suffering for the issues you describe. People love this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Better miniatures, assembled.

Less expensive third standalone set, rather than more expensive mini-expansions that have to be tracked down.

More interesting monster AI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wizuriel wrote:
The game doesn't really need more enemies or scenarios, it needs a better (or at least some) variety of both.

I'm honestly kind of pissed that nearly all the enemies in the 2 base games are 90% the same and same with the missions. I don't want to see more enemies if they are just going to be "get in your face following the shortest path and hit you till dead" variety that we already have or more missions of explore until you get x clue tokens and fight boss.

I made a draft of more tactical variant of Brimstone:
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/120627/brimstone-tactical

Please comment if you are interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Green Angel wrote:
Have to admit I did think about adding something like that to the poll. But with all the new enemies out/coming soon, which by all accounts are a bit tougher, balance my not be so much of an issue in the future. Plus it could be covered by an Expanded rulebook with some more difficulty variants (there are plenty about anyway).

Just a note about the poll, some of the options I don't really want myself (not keen on a rpg version as I always play solo), was just trying to think of as many different things that could be done to the game.

Sorry, but I have problem to understand why some people think that it is OK
to fix difficulty by creating harder monsters that will be imbalanced respectively to the older monsters. The game is random already, it does not need other randomisers.
If monster stats are the problem they should create new stats for older monsters. And carefully make elite abilities so they will both scale the monster hero level-wise and be balanced with each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls