Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: "Expansions?" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wabi Sabi Will

Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So of all the KDM minis that have been offered for sale, how many of them are actual, usable expansions to the game that add rules/equipment, enemies, et cetera?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
"Try to pretend like you understand what's important."
badge
"Crafted with genius, energized with madness."
mbmbmbmbmb
The only things sold through their webstore that include game content are:

1) The Pinups of Death boxed set featuring some number of pinup figures (no gameplay) and two game promos, a settlement event and a gear card.

2) The GenCon promo pinup (no gameplay) which comes with the two promo lantern gear cards that are bonus starting gear.

Everything else sold through their site is just hobbyist miniatures that are amazing but don't offer anything in terms of gameplay. Some of the figures match the ones that come in the game or in the expansions, but these ones are just for 'mirin.

What you're really looking for is this. It was a fan-made pledge calculator from when the campaign was active, used to track everything offered and the resulting total cost. The second tab shows all of the full-blown expansions and the third tab shows a mix of other add-ons, some of which have game content and some doesn't.

Keep in mind a lot of the expansions have grown in size since this was originally made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wabi Sabi Will

Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks!

Any idea if any of these expansions will be offered again later (i.e. after retail)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Han Solo
msg tools
photogasm wrote:
Great, thanks!

Any idea if any of these expansions will be offered again later (i.e. after retail)?

Unless it says something like exclusive all the major expansions will be offered at retail later on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely, but a) not until after the backers get theirs, b) unlike the base game, they're not even up for preorder yet, so who knows when he'll get around to openly offering them, and c) keep in mind the costs of these will be higher once they go to retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Han Solo
msg tools
I expect the dragon king to be every bit of $100

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
photogasm wrote:
So of all the KDM minis that have been offered for sale, how many of them are actual, usable expansions to the game that add rules/equipment, enemies, et cetera?

So far the Sci Fi Twilight Knight, Christmas Twilight Knight and the Pinup's box are the only things to come with game play elements.

That is the Dying Lantern and Vibrant Lantern, the Xmaxe (Came with Armor kit compatible versions of the Axe) and the A Strange Ground Spot Settlement Event and Belt of Gender Swap.

The Second Lion Knight, Flower Knight, Gorm, White Lion, Dung Beetle Knight, Manhunter, Slenderman, Sunstalker, Scribe, Aya, Snow the Saviour, King, Kingsman, King's Hand, Butcher and Great Game Hunters have all had Resin Figures which don't come with rules,but which will have plastic versions that do come with rules as part of the Kickstarter.

The Nightmare Ram, Gold Smoke Knight and Storm Knight have IIRC be confirmed as figures that will get expansion sets in the future at some point.

In the Kickstarter

The Game/Survivor Pledge
Lion Knight
Beetle Knight
Dragon King
Lantern Festival
Flower Knight
Gorm
Lion God
Lonely Tree
Slenderman
Spidicules
Sunstalker
Green Dragon Armour
Manhunter
Candy and Cola
Kara Black
Messenger of Courage
Messenger of Humanity
Messenger of the First Story
Messenger of the Spiral Path
Twilight Knight Allison

and possibly the Holiday Nico

are the items that come with game play elements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I left out the Christmas Twilight Knight since it's no longer available through the site. Also, I just noticed that apparently the Pinups of Death are sold out now as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Han Solo
msg tools
I hadn't heard about the other two knights getting expansions, that's awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Young
United States
Mount Vernon
Washington
flag msg tools
Nevertellmetheodds wrote:

Pretty sure its just rumor at this point i have not heard anything about the gold smoke knight or the storm knight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
Moondancerbb wrote:

Pretty sure its just rumor at this point i have not heard anything about the gold smoke knight or the storm knight.

That and comments from Adam. 28 April 2014

SVRtheBoy "will we possible see the smoke knight in monster down the road?"

Creator Kingdom Death"I think so, I do love the kd "knights" !"

Adam being Adam he isn't going to be more definite in public about future expansions until after the Kickstarter has finished shipping.

But has has said he would like to follow up all the relevant resin figures with plastic ones with KD:M rules.

This is presumably why we haven't seen more about the Ringtail Fox, which is the other thing he's mentioned and implied would come with an alternative first day like the Dragon and Sunstalker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mongan
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeah, and there is no way the nightmare ram isn't making its way into this game. I mean look at it, its absolutely perfect for a hunt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
Esoba wrote:
Yeah, and there is no way the nightmare ram isn't making its way into this game. I mean look at it, its absolutely perfect for a hunt.

Adam has told us it will have an armor kit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wabi Sabi Will

Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm super interested in buying the huntable creatures for this game when they become available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Han Solo
msg tools
Hopefully they don't have to kickstart future expansions, and can start a regular retail release schedule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Robo
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully they don't have to kickstart future expansions, and can start a regular retail release schedule.

If next time they work with the manufacturer and have all the models and fiddly bits locked down, then kick to see how big an order they need... I'm okay with that. Especially if they give us access to Kickstarter exclusive models from the original campaign again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Dibbley
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I hope they do Kickstart it because the kickstarter deals are inavariably so much cheaper than retail. I'll gladly pay a year in advance to save 25-50%!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
mbmbmbmbmb
dwayne_dibbley wrote:

I hope they do Kickstart it because the kickstarter deals are inavariably so much cheaper than retail. I'll gladly pay a 2 years in advance to save 25-50% pay less than cost!

FTFY… I mean, I highly doubt Dragon King's cost is under $30… pretty phenomenal deal we picked him up at. DBK had to cost more than $15, too…

It's a ridiculous prospect.
Hopefully Adam can better project true costs to stay in the black!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
brrrmanza wrote:
dwayne_dibbley wrote:

I hope they do Kickstart it because the kickstarter deals are inavariably so much cheaper than retail. I'll gladly pay a 2 years in advance to save 25-50% pay less than cost!

FTFY… I mean, I highly doubt Dragon King's cost is under $30… pretty phenomenal deal we picked him up at. DBK had to cost more than $15, too…

It's a ridiculous prospect.
Hopefully Adam can better project true costs to stay in the black!

He said that he put in around $750,000 of his money on top of what he got from backers this time around. Apparently most backer's ended up paying close to cost or a bit under cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.