Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I've been spending some time trying to understand the 8.4.4 rules, and luckily, there are a couple of examples listed to help. But as I read the PLACEMENT EXAMPLE, I wonder if it stops a little early? Or am I misunderstanding?

The example uses the Cu Chi Event card, assuming VC is the executing faction. Cu Chi reads:

Place Tunnel markers on each Insurgent Base in 1 Province. Place 1 NVA and 1 VC Guerrilla there.

Per 8.4.4, bullet 1, the executing faction is selected over any other, and per 8.4.4, bullet 4, we should place as many Tunnels as possible. Therefore, a space where 2 VC bases could be Tunneled would be priority #1. Then any space to place 1 VC Tunnel, choosing a space to also place an NVA Tunnel as well, if possible, and a single VC Tunnel if not. This is what the example states.

However, if there are no VC Bases to Tunnel, what happens? The example ends at the point mentioned above. But if there were NVA Bases to Tunnel, wouldn't we? 8.1 Ineffective Events only says skip the Event if nothing happens, not nothing for the executing faction. According to 8.4.4, bullet 1, if we can't select the executing faction, then next up is the friendly faction, i.e. the NVA. So, I believe the selection process would continue beyond VC Tunnel, to next a space with 2 NVA Bases, then finally 1 NVA Base. After that, the Event would be considered Ineffective, and the VC would Ops/SA instead.

Is that correct? Or would you end at the 1VC Base being Tunneled point.

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
All correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Turbine2k5 wrote:
All correct.

Ah, good. I wonder why the example ends early? Space, I assume.

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.