Hide
11 Posts

Terra Mystica» Forums » General

Subject: About Rating rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shih-Feng Yeh
msg tools
What is the delta mean in player's rating?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You already made one thread about the rating, why keep spamming with new threads?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg D.
Germany
Höxter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
google with the keywords 'terra mystica, rating, delta' leads to:
What is delta on the Snellman site?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please put at least 90 seconds worth of effort into finding an answer to your question before posting these incredibly vague threads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fluxx wrote:

If he lives in China he probably doesn't even have access to Google. And Baidu probably gives something completely different in Chinese. Like: 千佛神秘三角洲评级 which probably wouldn't get you anywhere near something relating to a boardgame. Is there even a word for 'Mystica' in Chinese? Anyway, give the guy a break. He's posted like two things here . . . ever!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
... and he/she owns one game: TM in Chinese! And gave it a 10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg D.
Germany
Höxter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bamonson wrote:
Fluxx wrote:

If he lives in China he probably doesn't even have access to Google. And Baidu probably gives something completely different in Chinese. Like: 千佛神秘三角洲评级 which probably wouldn't get you anywhere near something relating to a boardgame. Is there even a word for 'Mystica' in Chinese? Anyway, give the guy a break. He's posted like two things here . . . ever!

Give ME a break. Perhaps I could have worded my post a bit more politely. But I don't think that I have been extraordinary rude.
I provided him a link which answers his question and an idea how to find such a link by himself.
If it is required to do a full background research before answering a question I'm out. (On this site I often read posts which seem to assume that everyone lives in the USA, knows all about american culture or is a native english speaker . If I would complain everytime I wouldn't get any rest. )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
Interestingly, the word delta is nowhere to be found on the snellman pages: neither on the Ratings nor on the Statistics page.

So I guess the question the OP is asking refers to the use of the word "delta" in the discussions. In this case, the following explanation might be the good one:

"Delta" is just another word for "difference" (used by people with a mathematics background). E.g. the "delta VP between two players" is the difference in the number of victory points between the two players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg D.
Germany
Höxter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DocCool wrote:
Interestingly, the word delta is nowhere to be found on the snellman pages: neither on the Ratings nor on the Statistics page.

You haven't searched enough.
Go to the ratings. There is a column 'breakdown' with the word 'show' in each row. Click on it and you will be enlightened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bamonson wrote:
Fluxx wrote:

Nope, not buying it. Even as terrible as the BGG search function is, using it to search the TM forums with only the keyword "delta" still returns the thread that Fluxx linked in the first page of results. It takes only minimal effort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shields
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
bamonson wrote:
Fluxx wrote:

Nope, not buying it. Even as terrible as the BGG search function is, using it to search the TM forums with only the keyword "delta" still returns the thread that Fluxx linked in the first page of results. It takes only minimal effort.

Or you could just choose to be a nice guy and not sweat it. Your call though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.