Subject: Hit & Run - Ranger support rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luiz Henrique
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
Some questions about this cards

1- The diference about does 2 is hit and run don't make the unit rout wen you use the ability and ranger support does right?

2- I can't retreat to a planet that the units pass too atack me with ranger support, but with hit and run i can?

3- I can move my unit from the battle with hit and run too a planet that is adjacent but in another system?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Correct. Hit and Run lets you move a unit, while Ranger Support lets you retreat a unit. As all rules for retreating still apply, the unit will be routed after retreating with Ranger Support.

2. Not 100% correct. You can't retreat to an adjacent system, if the attacker came from that system and you can't retreat to an area, if the attacker moved from that area. From my understanding "moved from" means an area where the attacking units started. So you could retreat to an area in your system which the attacker had to pass through to get to you.
I have to correct myself. As Niko has mentioned, all the areas the attacker has moved through will most likely either still be controlled by the enemy or an area the enemy came from (legal path). So you are correct that in almost all cases you will not be able to retreat to these areas with Ranger Support. The same applies to Hit and Run. As long as the area is still enemy controlled, you will not be allowed to move a unit there. If however the enemy has removed all units from that area in order to attack you (and has no structures in that area), you will be allowed to move to that area.

3. Correct. As long as two areas share a golden border they are adjacent. They don't need to be in the same system for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Niddi77 wrote:
2. Not 100% correct. You can't retreat to an adjacent system, if the attacker came from that system and you can't retreat to an area, if the attacker moved from that area. From my understanding "moved from" means an area where the attacking units started. So you could retreat to an area in your system which the attacker had to pass through to get to you.
Since you can only pass through friendly areas, any areas the attacker passed through are most likely still enemy controlled or are areas the attacker came from. There is the possibility that the attacker moved the unit into another area, but that only works in the 3 planet systems.

The last case is the only time that an area that was used as a path to attack is a legal retreat destination that I know of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right. I hadn't thought about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Day

League City
Texas
msg tools
mb
CrovaxTheFallen wrote:
Some questions about this cards

1- The diference about does 2 is hit and run don't make the unit rout wen you use the ability and ranger support does right?

2- I can't retreat to a planet that the units pass too atack me with ranger support, but with hit and run i can?

3- I can move my unit from the battle with hit and run too a planet that is adjacent but in another system?
Greetings,
Comejng though old posts to scratch my FS itch, I came across this post. I would like to make sure my understanding of Hit and Run is right. It says I move to an adjacent area. This is very different from retreat, where I can move much further. In fact, with the way that most systems seem to be set up with planets and voids diagonal eachother, I find the ability to actually run with Hit and Run to be VERY limited. It's more like just "hit."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gylthinel wrote:
Greetings,
Comejng though old posts to scratch my FS itch, I came across this post. I would like to make sure my understanding of Hit and Run is right. It says I move to an adjacent area. This is very different from retreat, where I can move much further. In fact, with the way that most systems seem to be set up with planets and voids diagonal eachother, I find the ability to actually run with Hit and Run to be VERY limited. It's more like just "hit."
Hit and Run means you end up much closer to the fight, but you don't suffer from all the restrictions that retreating imposes; you don't rout and you get to choose the area freely (as long as it's adjacen't) without all the rules on where you can retreat to.

Also keep in mind that an adjacent area doesn't have to be in the same system. As long as they share a border they're adjacent, even if the border is also a system border.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zodar H
Sweden
Jönköping
flag msg tools
Niddi77 wrote:
If however the enemy has removed all units from that area in order to attack you (and has no structures in that area), you will be allowed to move to that area.

Not correct.

"» Defending units cannot retreat to an area from which
attacking units moved from."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zodar wrote:
Niddi77 wrote:
If however the enemy has removed all units from that area in order to attack you (and has no structures in that area), you will be allowed to move to that area.

Not correct.

He isn't talking about a retreat though, he is talking specifically about how Hit and Run is different from a retreat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zodar H
Sweden
Jönköping
flag msg tools
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
Zodar wrote:
Niddi77 wrote:

Not correct.

He isn't talking about a retreat though, he is talking specifically about how Hit and Run is different from a retreat.

Hit and Run is different. Ranger Support is a retreat. It is very important to distinguish move and retreat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zodar wrote:
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
Zodar wrote:
Niddi77 wrote:

Not correct.

Hit and Run is different. Ranger Support is a retreat. It is very important to distinguish move and retreat.
I'm not sure what you are getting at, the whole thread is about exactly that distinction.

If you look at Bjoern's original post you will notice that he specifies 2 sentences earlier that he is talking about Hit and Run and not retreating (via Ranger Support or otherwise).

The part you are quoting even says "move" instead of "retreat".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls