The Undercity: An Iron Kingdoms Adventure Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Card sleeves? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Schulz
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
How many cards and sleeves sizes for each? Thanks! - I also dont want to hear, well you dont use them or touch them that much blah blah. I didnt ask that im trying to figure out the sleeves size, I like to sleeve all my games to make sure my stuff lasts longer thanks lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ballard
United States
North Salt Lake
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 112 small cards and 91 large cards.

Not sure what type of sleeves you use, but Fantasy Flight Standard Card Game (Gray) will work for the larger cards and FFG Mini Euro (Red) will work for the small cards.

If you use FFG Red for the small cards, you will need to trim the top off a little. I don't know of a sleeve that fits better, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Schulz
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Perfect! I dont mind have a little extra sleeve at the top itll protect them thank you so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Bieberbach
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Acemclaren wrote:
Perfect! I dont mind have a little extra sleeve at the top itll protect them thank you so much!

There is a lot more left over at the top than normal for FFG sleeves.

Nathan, what method did you find best for trimming the top of the sleeve? I tried a paper cutter before but it didn't work well. I'm not sure if scissors or ruler and exacto would be better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ballard
United States
North Salt Lake
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't trimmed mine yet. I'm going to try scissors. I have a pretty sharp pair. But an xacto knife would work very well, I think. I'll try cutting them tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
What size are they exactly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew G
United States
Takoma Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi all --

The Undercity cards

Large cards - 91 - are 64x89

Small cards - 112 - are 44x63

I tried MayDay Mini Chimera on the small cards and while they fit it is an extremely tight fit - so much so that the cards bowed pretty obviously and would need to be flattened. Fantasy Flight Red Mini Euro were a much better fit (sideways/width) but of course had a fair amount of leftover sleeve in the length.

With respect to the large cards, I tried Ultra-Pro sleeve size: Clear Standard Deck Protector (82689, 100/pack) - (66 x 91mm). These fit, however, very surprisingly, there was little to no leftover lengthwise - in fact the sleeves almost seemed very slightly too short (these sleeves are often 1-2mm extra as opposed to 2-3mm with Fantasy Flight Gray FFS-05).

Hope this helps. Peace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.