Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Game_of_Thrones:LCG2e [+] [View All]
Cedric Bertolini
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I made a deck builder for AGoT 2nd Ed. You can find it here: http://thronesdb.com

You have to have an account to build decks (creating an account is very quick and, of course, free). You don't need an account to browse the site, look at the cards and the published decklists.

I haven't played much AGo1 1st Ed, so some things may be off or ill-designed. Also, some obvious features are missing because of a lack of time, like Graphs and Stats for decks, but they are coming.

Just let me know what you think and I'll try to improve it.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Lightning Bolt deals 3 damage to target creature or player.
mbmbmb
It's so beautiful.

Just as a heads up, I keep getting the following error on every page, using Firefox 40.0 on Windows 7 Pro.

Quote:
Unable to load the data. Click here to reload your page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihai Stanimir
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Camp
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
There are definitely some improvements here over other websites that do similar things. I do miss the gold curve and challenge icon analyses that you can find elsewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imran Askem
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Looks great and works very nicely. This will definitely be my go to deck builder.

Where is the best place to notify you of bugs/issues? I've put something in GitHub but if there is a better place let us know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cedric Bertolini
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GitHub is definitely the best place, thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Lightning Bolt deals 3 damage to target creature or player.
mbmbmb
damagedirect wrote:
It's so beautiful.

Just as a heads up, I keep getting the following error on every page, using Firefox 40.0 on Windows 7 Pro.

Quote:
Unable to load the data. Click here to reload your page.

I had my browser history disabled and the error popped up there. When I re-enabled history the error was gone. That's how I was getting that particular error.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you make it default to using 3 core sets?
Who doesn't get 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexfrog wrote:
Who doesn't get 3.

I would like to disagree with this request. You only have to change the option to two or three core sets once for it to save it, even if you log out. I think defaulting to one is more beginner-friendly.

Also, many people don't get three core sets. FFG has said as much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexfrog wrote:
Who doesn't get 3.

I only have two at the moment, but yes, 3 is what anyone using this will likely have. Easier once the game is actually released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
Skylar114 wrote:
Alexfrog wrote:
Who doesn't get 3.

I would like to disagree with this request. You only have to change the option to two or three core sets once for it to save it, even if you log out. I think defaulting to one is more beginner-friendly.

Yeah, but most people who take the time to find and use deck builders like this are probably heavily invested in the game and have at least 2 cores. The rest are casual gamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sdrewthomson wrote:
Skylar114 wrote:
Alexfrog wrote:
Who doesn't get 3.

Yeah, but most people who take the time to find and use deck builders like this are probably heavily invested in the game and have at least 2 cores. The rest are casual gamers.

I don't disagree with this, but I still think the site should be as beginner-friendly as possible by default. I'm sure we're all smart enough to find the "use 3 core sets" option and click it the one time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a minor thing, but I really love your font choice for the card text that appears on mouseover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cedric Bertolini
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
manydills wrote:
This is a minor thing, but I really love your font choice for the card text that appears on mouseover.

Thanks! That's the kind of things I love to hear
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Grutz
Serbia
Belgrade
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks really nice. Great job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would there be a way to add to the deck description how many core sets are used to build the deck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cedric Bertolini
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rickert wrote:
Would there be a way to add to the deck description how many core sets are used to build the deck?

Yes. That's exactly #1 on my todo list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo Salomone
Italy
Cameri (NO)
flag msg tools
excellent job Alsciende, thanks!
I hope thronesdb will become the deckbuilder of choice for the community of players like netrunnerdb: it's awesome! The "Deck of the Week" and the list of winning decks are very useful!

But what rather puzzles me is the choice to not count duplicates on "Character Icons" chart... maybe you could add an option to the chart (I mean a checkbox "count duplicates" or something like that)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cedric Bertolini
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GuardianOfTheFlame wrote:

But what rather puzzles me is the choice to not count duplicates on "Character Icons" chart... maybe you could add an option to the chart (I mean a checkbox "count duplicates" or something like that)

Yeah, I don't know, maybe it wasn't such a good idea. Do you think I should just change it to include the duplicates? I really don't want to include 2 charts or a checkbox.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sutcliffe
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Alsciende wrote:
GuardianOfTheFlame wrote:

Yeah, I don't know, maybe it wasn't such a good idea. Do you think I should just change it to include the duplicates? I really don't want to include 2 charts or a checkbox.

I just wanted to say that after using it a bit more I think I'd find it a bit more helpful if it listed duplicates. It's not really representative of my deck to say I've only got 1 7-cost cards, because I've actually got 3.

Is it not possible to track both on one chart? Blue line is excluding Dupes, Red line is including dupes as separate cards...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cedric Bertolini
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magicdave wrote:

Is it not possible to track both on one chart? Blue line is excluding Dupes, Red line is including dupes as separate cards...

It is definitely possible. I'll look into it. Thank you for your feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sutcliffe
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Alsciende wrote:
Magicdave wrote:

It is definitely possible. I'll look into it. Thank you for your feedback.

No worries. I'm sure it took only a fraction of the time for me to feedback as it would take you to implement so I should be thanking you...
:-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Wagner
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again, alsciende. Already a donor on nrdb.

Dreaming to have a lord of the rings lcg db some day.

Congratulations on the amazing job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cedric Bertolini
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.