Subject: Rules Question: Operations Breakthrough Tech rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Wolf
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The tech card reads, "Gain 1 rep for each new batch of beer you brew." Does this mean every time you brew a batch of beer you gain a rep (technically, it's a new batch) or every time you brew a batch of beer you have not previously brewed you gain a rep?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Duncan
United Kingdom
East Kilbride
South Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
www.gameburst.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The way i have been playing it, is that each time you brew a new unique batch (not another batch) then you gain rep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor B
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that it's the former. You gain 1 rep for each batch you brew, but it's not retroactive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Thomas
United States
Palmyra
Virginia
flag msg tools
Check out our journey at http://colinbethanyadopt.wordpress.com
badge
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." - The First Ideal of the Lightweavers (The Stormlight Archive)
mbmbmbmbmb
madlibyan wrote:
I'm pretty sure that it's the former. You gain 1 rep for each batch you brew, but it's not retroactive.

This is correct. If you look at the Game End research for Basic Ingredients and Advanced Ingredients, you will see that each of those use the word "different" to enforce a uniqueness requirement. The Brewing Breakthrough uses the word "new", just implying that there is no retroactivity.

Edit: Moreover, the Growth & Management (advanced research) Breakthrough is the same type of bonus and specifically says "new recipe you brew that you haven't brewed before" and give 2 Rep instead of 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rosset
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paedia wrote:
madlibyan wrote:

This is correct. If you look at the Game End research for Basic Ingredients and Advanced Ingredients, you will see that each of those use the word "different" to enforce a uniqueness requirement. The Brewing Breakthrough uses the word "new", just implying that there is no retroactivity.

Edit: Moreover, the Growth & Management (advanced research) Breakthrough is the same type of bonus and specifically says "new recipe you brew that you haven't brewed before" and give 2 Rep instead of 1.

This is exactly correct. 1 Rep for each batch you brew from that point forward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Duncan
United Kingdom
East Kilbride
South Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
www.gameburst.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like i have been playing it wrong all this time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Wolf
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rosset37 wrote:
paedia wrote:
madlibyan wrote:

This is exactly correct. 1 Rep for each batch you brew from that point forward.

Thanks everyone. That's how I played it. This just solidifies my victory yesterday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.