Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Equipping the Raider rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's out, a few people have it, lets build!

First attempt was:
Raider Fore (50)
Single Turbolaser

Raider Aft
Ion Cannon Battery
Quad Laser
Tarkin
Sensor Team
Weapon Engineer
Shield Specialist (Can't remember the name, the team card that lets you spend any amount of energy to restore shields)
Title (Also can't remember the name, the title that gives you a bonus shield when you regain one shield)

Came out to 137 points, I think.

Faced a CR90, Chewie, Dash, Wedge, Blue squad, and a Prototype, was supported by Vader, some bombers, a few TIEs, and a shuttle with Palpatine.

Ion cannon only got one shot, did not have the energy to recharge it and wouldn't have been able to use it anyways. Quad laser proved as useless as I always found it to be on the CR90, took one shot in the last round we played when Dash rolled into range 2 for some reason. Primary weapon did the most damage, killing Wedge, Chewie, and the B-Wing (usually after shooting the Single Turbolaser at them). The way the fleets set up played a part in making the rear arcs useless, but I think putting a single Turbolaser on the Aft is generally a good idea, perhaps supported by the Quads or an Ion battery.

8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cordeiro
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is on a truck, arriving Wednesday. My son and I are hoping to get a game in this weekend. I was thinking same hardpoints as you, but with the ion cannon in the fore and the quad in the aft. That would give me full range coverage in the aft, and hopefully, the ion in the fore could ionize something that I could ram on the next turn.

What did you think of Tarkin and Palpatine? Worth the points?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cordeiro wrote:
Mine is on a truck, arriving Wednesday. My son and I are hoping to get a game in this weekend. I was thinking same hardpoints as you, but with the ion cannon in the fore and the quad in the aft. That would give me full range coverage in the aft, and hopefully, the ion in the fore could ionize something that I could ram on the next turn.

What did you think of Tarkin and Palpatine? Worth the points?


I totally forgot Tarkin (really dumb- I rolled 4 focus with one proton torpedo fired naked) until the last turn, and played Palpatine wrong (thought it was a re-roll, which Vader biffed twice, getting Ioned first turn needing one evade, and destroyed two turns later needing one evade).

My comment on Palpatine was "Totally useless" but had I used him correctly, selecting the result, would have been AWESOME. Vader (or WHisper, or Soontir) with Palpatine support would be super tough, especially in a 100 point game. Tarkin, if I had remembered to actually use him, would have been great too. I like Raymus better on the other side, but more range and some good combos can be set up with Tarkin for the normally synergy-light Imperials.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Your shuttle must have been doing a lot of red 0s, what with the wings folded and all
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Shuttle never took fire- I usually drop one wing when it is time to juke and dodge. After I destroyed the fore section of the CR90, it took a 2 turn to run over Palpatine since my opponent had given up on pulling energy for repairs, and he couldn't take the collision damage anyways.

The "Structural Failure" or something Crit from the Aft of the CR90, that deals two damage cards to the Fore section, is BRUTAL.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How many epic points is the Raider?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jcb231 wrote:
How many epic points is the Raider?

I couldn't find it in the rule book, so perhaps I missed it. Though I would assume 3, like the CR90.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also assume 3, making the Gozanti 2 makes sense so they can both fit in an official epic battle. We just use the point totals. Also, one other person in my group has a GR75, so we could in theory field my CR90, GR75, a second GR75, and the Raider. When the transport came out we played one as each faction.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
monkeykins wrote:
I would also assume 3, making the Gozanti 2 makes sense so they can both fit in an official epic battle. We just use the point totals. Also, one other person in my group has a GR75, so we could in theory field my CR90, GR75, a second GR75, and the Raider. When the transport came out we played one as each faction.


You can only field 5 epic when playing official rules, so CR90 with two transports doesn't work. I've played it casually too, but I do want to find the official rules for the Raider still.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jcb231 wrote:
monkeykins wrote:
I would also assume 3, making the Gozanti 2 makes sense so they can both fit in an official epic battle. We just use the point totals. Also, one other person in my group has a GR75, so we could in theory field my CR90, GR75, a second GR75, and the Raider. When the transport came out we played one as each faction.


You can only field 5 epic when playing official rules, so CR90 with two transports doesn't work. I've played it casually too, but I do want to find the official rules for the Raider still.

I think monkeykins uses one transport for the Imperial Goverment, and the other as normal for the terrorists... at least, that's how I read it.

Funny part is that one scenario for the transport has 3 of them...while not an epic-style tournament match, it is still strange to me...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris L
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jcb231 wrote:
How many epic points is the Raider?


I just downloaded the official epic tournament rules (3.1.1 dated 8/13/2015) and here are the epic points:

Quote:
• CR90 Corellian Corvette = 3 Epic points
• GR-75 Transport = 2 Epic points
• Raider-class Corvette = 3 Epic points


Another change I noticed is this:

Quote:
8. Players assign Energy tokens to each of their Huge ships and their
equipped secondary weapons up to their respective energy limits.


It didn't say secondary weapons before.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theashers wrote:

I think monkeykins uses one transport for the Imperial Goverment, and the other as normal for the terrorists... at least, that's how I read it.


This. I love, and almost exclusively, use official game pieces, but having tons of ships of all sizes on the table is just TOO tempting. We haven't run a transport as Imperial since the CR90 came out, but I expect next time we play if the other guy with a transport shows up we will play a CR90 & Transport vs Raider & Transport.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.