M Loebach
Canada
Crysler
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo

KANATACON -- It's on!
Check out Steve's post and plan for a great two days of gaming.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

There is a reprint of the Age of Discovery (Age of Empires III) coming out.
It looks beautiful (and corrected!).
I will not be getting it.
Should you buy this please bring it out and rub my nose in its splendor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

This week's gaming...

If there is something you would like to see, the members of OGG have a pretty extensive list of games.
Just post here and odds are someone has it / could bring it.
You may also check their library if they have entered it on BGG.

If you have something you think we should see -- post it and bring it.
If you are looking for a game -- post it and maybe someone else will bring it.

NEXT SESSION >>> Wednesday August 19th, 2015.
GAMES >>> There are usually 50-100 games to choose from.
REQUESTS? >>> Check BGGr's libraries on line or post request
WHO IS WELCOME >>> All who want to game beyond typical Hasbro and Parker Brother's games - Especially those who have new games that smell like fresh cellophane!

COST >>> $2.50 (goes to the Legion).
WHEN? >>> 6:30 to 9:30 or 10PM
WHERE? >>> UPSTAIRS at the Canadian Legion Branch 480 - Westboro, 389 Richmond Road.
NUMMYS? >>> Wed. night Legion offers food at a great price downstairs.
HATS? >>> No - Hats are not to be worn in the Legion out of respect for the fallen.

MAP? Here...
Google maps:

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/389+Richmond+Rd,+Ottawa,+ON...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Emil, Steve and I are planning to play Ground Floor and will probably start that game at 7.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Loebach
Canada
Crysler
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got to play Fleet.
Great, quick, Puerto Rico type game.
Also played Yardmaster. It was fun but accidentally shuffle in the expansion so we were thrown for a loop.

See you in 14.

Does anybody know if Seth and Sean or the zombies won?

Special "hello" to our guest members all the way from India.

ML
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jhaimowitz wrote:
Emil, Steve and I are planning to play Ground Floor and will probably start that game at 7.

We played a 6 player game (or most of a game) of Ground Floor with Emil, Emil's 2 guests (Amal from India and Paul from Florida), Steve, Frank and me.

It's a pretty heavy, very thematic, worker placement game. It played surprisingly cleanly with 6 players and seemed to have lots of ways to build your office building and gain prestige.

As for Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game I'm sure it's difficult enough to win, let alone when everybody knows Seth is the traitor. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Souter
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe's gamer sense is dead on: Seth always seems like he's the traitor, even when he's not. Something to do with a guilty conscience? devil

We played the starter scenario from Seth's Dead of Winter again where we had to collect zombie brain samples and this time, despite a brutal opening Crossroads card, beat the game handily.

I thought we were in deep trouble when the opening Crossroads card made us decide to either: Add "Have 5 food in the supply at game end" as an additional victory condition or "Roll for every survivor in the colony (so all of them at the start of the game!), on a 4+ they take a wound." Yikes!

Disappointingly, there was no traitor. Come on! You know that secretly everyone in every coop game ever played wants to get the 'traitor' role. Or maybe that's just me? Anyway, we worked so well together that nobody fulfilled their 'secret' winning criteria either. But, good fun. Take that zombies!

We also played a couple of rounds of "Red Dragon Inn, 2" whereby we tried to drink, gamble, and de-fortify each other under the table. A light game that could only benefit from using actual drinks each time you need to up your alcohol content. Quick and fun.

Thanks all,
Sean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls