Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Costa
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello. Does anyone know what day or week the BGG Store usually updates with their new stuff every month? It's August 17th and I haven't seen an August update yet and was wondering when it usually hits.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joecosta wrote:
Hello. Does anyone know what day or week the BGG Store usually updates with their new stuff every month? It's August 17th and I haven't seen an August update yet and was wondering when it usually hits.
Re: New Promos and Games from Japan in the Geek Store! (juli thread):
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
LuckyNumberHat wrote:
Creeping through August. Any new stuff coming to the store?
The shipment of I Hate Zombies arrived from our Kickstarter project last fall, so the store staff has several thousand orders to fulfill now. It looks like we'll be delaying the next update until September to avoid killing them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Costa
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Werbaer wrote:
joecosta wrote:
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
LuckyNumberHat wrote:
The shipment of I Hate Zombies arrived from our Kickstarter project last fall, so the store staff has several thousand orders to fulfill now. It looks like we'll be delaying the next update until September to avoid killing them!

Thanks! That would make sense why they are skipping August. But is there a day or week when they "normally" do update the store each month?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joecosta wrote:
Werbaer wrote:
joecosta wrote:
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
LuckyNumberHat wrote:

Thanks! That would make sense why they are skipping August. But is there a day or week when they "normally" do update the store each month?

I couldn't tell you offhand, but you can sign up for the BGG Store Newsletter and get an email notification when new things are added. It's very helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmb
We're holding off on the latest promos announcements for a bit while we ship out I Hate Zombies. You can sign up for our mailing list here: http://eepurl.com/AIbGX to stay on top of the latest announcements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Hello.
badge
Welcome to my secret message.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, there's not a standard timing we do the update, so the mailing list is the best for getting notified right away. Sorry we had to skip the August update, but there will be a ton of stuff in September!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Costa
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
Yeah, there's not a standard timing we do the update, so the mailing list is the best for getting notified right away. Sorry we had to skip the August update, but there will be a ton of stuff in September!

Sounds good. Thanks for letting me know. Yeah I am subscribed to the mailing list and hadn't received an email for a while. Then Werbaer updated me. I missed the message about skipping August. No trouble. Looking forward to September Geek Store items!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Castles of Burgundy: 5th Expansion – Pleasure Garden

*waits (mostly) patiently for September...*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sophia Lechner
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would also be nice if they'd show a "NEW PROMOS! NOW AVAILABLE!" tiny ad right below the site logo for about a week when there are new promos. For some reason they place that ad permanently even when it's not true, so it ends up being worthless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this teacher's page.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pk2317 wrote:
The Castles of Burgundy: 5th Expansion – Pleasure Garden

*waits (mostly) patiently for September...*

whistle ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
West Ward Hough
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
JemL wrote:
It would also be nice if they'd show a "NEW PROMOS! NOW AVAILABLE!" tiny ad right below the site logo for about a week when there are new promos. For some reason they place that ad permanently even when it's not true, so it ends up being worthless.

Yes, this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Hello.
badge
Welcome to my secret message.
mbmbmbmbmb
JemL wrote:
I do change up that graphic whenever the store is updated. But yes, I need to find something else to put there once a week or so goes by!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sophia Lechner
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
JemL wrote:
I do change up that graphic whenever the store is updated. But yes, I need to find something else to put there once a week or so goes by!
Maybe work the month name into it somehow? Like make it three lines:

"NEW PROMOS
FOR SEPTEMBER!
NOW AVAILABLE!"

That way we could see when it's updated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hegerty
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
So, its September. I'm sure I'm not the only geek awaiting new promos to buy. I'm guessing the shipping went well (since I received my copy ).
Any update?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
West Ward Hough
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Neub wrote:
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
So, its September. I'm sure I'm not the only geek awaiting new promos to buy. I'm guessing the shipping went well (since I received my copy ).
Any update?

See this post. Sometime right after Labor Day!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls