10 Posts

Rum & Bones» Forums » General

Subject: What Rum & Bones needs the most rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Bailey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played once, but initially, I think the game needs a few "Cheat sheets". A double sided card, the size of a character's card, that has routinely needed information on it, so you don't have to keep going back to the rulebook.

Specific information would be:
Side 1: Turn order, steps, and descriptions of each step.

Side 2: Basic Attack information - The attack statistics of your deck canon, of your deckhands, and of your bosuns.

I'm sure veteran players will memorize this information, but when teaching, it is helpful to not have to continually flip through the rulebook looking for how many dice your cannon roles, or what value you need to hit when a bosun is present.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hirsch
United States
Holliston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The back page of the rulebook has exactly this info. May be worth photocopying it to give to multiple players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Shinall
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here you go, same size as a Hero Card:

Uploaded to Files Section as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike I
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Man's chief end is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever."
mbmbmbmb
mongrel wrote:
The back page of the rulebook has exactly this info. May be worth photocopying it to give to multiple players.

As Matt said, the back of the rulebook has a summary of the turn order and some rules. I use the summary and just call out the phase name as a prompt. There are SO MANY phases! We found that calling out the phases like a checklist creates a cadence to the game and keeps it from slogging down.

"Ok, Prepare heroes... ok Fire Deck Gun... ok ouch! Ok, deploy your crew... activate crew... ok deploy heroes... activate heroes... Check the Kraken... Draw cards. My turn."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike I
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Man's chief end is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever."
mbmbmbmb
Michael Shinall wrote:

Thanks for that!

Could you perhaps update:

Phase 1.
Add "Remove all [GOLD Deadman's Token icon], Flip all [BLACK Deadman's token icon] to [GOLD Deadman's Token icon]"

This is a rule I found got skipped a couple of times.

Phase 6.
Add "Perform up to 3 Actions."

This is something mentioned only once in the rulebook and should be highlighted. It looks like it should fit easily in the rest of that line.

Love the game, by the way! My group enjoyed this game WAY more than we expected to!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Shinall wrote:

Thanks for this, Michael. I appreciate that you're responding to players of your new game this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What it needs most is to show up on my doorstep....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bailey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Shinall wrote:

Awesome! Thanks!
mongrel wrote:

I totally missed that! Thanks!

You guys rock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kalvin connor
United States
rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Boilerman wrote:
What it needs most is to show up on my doorstep....

Shh they are conspiring against all of those of us that expressed our desire to receive our games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erick Araiza
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks for this, is great to have the extra info close.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.