tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Pages
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think so. Looks like rahdo played with his wife as a 2 player game where he controlled 2 characters.

[url]http://boardgamegeek.com/video/58419/tajemnicze-domostwo/rah...
[/url]

Not sure how or why the new version of Mysterium would be so completely different from the Ukranian version as to be unplayable with 2 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
guigtexas wrote:
I would think so. Looks like rahdo played with his wife as a 2 player game where he controlled 2 characters.

[url]http://boardgamegeek.com/video/58419/tajemnicze-domostwo/rah...
[/url]

Not sure how or why the new version of Mysterium would be so completely different from the Ukranian version as to be unplayable with 2 players.

Wow, didn't know Rahdo did a run through for this, looks like I'll be picking it up. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Byrne
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it works well with 2 -- it's a lot of fun as the ghost watching someone talk to themselves about the choices (and often talking themselves out of it!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina Bushey
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Work, yes, but I have to admit when my husband and I tried the Polish version at Geekway to the West I was very underwhelmed with just 2. I ment to try again with more players, but was too distracted by other games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that the Asmodee version is out, I wanted to ask the same question. I know there are some minor changes to the rules so I'm wondering if it makes a different to the two player experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Akaan Qualrus
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Asmodee version brings changes to the rules but those are not applied when playing 2 or 3 players. With this number of players Asmodee version is identical to the Ukrainian/Polish version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura "lelo" D. Arrowsmith Deddens Gerard
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggest for 2 players, play the 3 player rules and have the non-ghost control 4 psychics. We like this much better than the 2-player rules.

You don't have to make up 2 additional random groups at the end.

The ghost uses up more cards so gets more new ones so you aren't staring at the same cards turn after turn.

Also suggest that the non-ghost talk out loud to himself giving the ghost some idea of what he is thinking just like when playing with many people, the ghost gets to hear what the psychics are saying to each other.

You do have to communicate in some way which psychic each vision is for.
You can let the ghost talk and say, "This is for Madam Wang" or "This is for red." Or if you don't like the ghost to talk, then he can hold up the corresponding ghost token when you hand over the vision. Of course you could also place the vision on the appropriate sleeve but we usually can't reach that far over the screen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hannes Riener
Austria
Vienna
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played it yesterday - Yes, it *works*.

But I am really looking forward to a 4-player game because I guess then it will start to be fun too - I expect the real joy in all table talks - what really hardly happens with only 1 person - and those clairvoyance mechanics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura "lelo" D. Arrowsmith Deddens Gerard
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone would like to try a 2-player game or other low player counts before buying the game, I'm offering to play such games by forum.

Waiting Room: Waiting room for Mysterium (2015) PBF
General Discussion: General Discussion Thread for Mysterium (2015) PBF
Game Threads: Mysterium (2015) PBF forum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.