Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony N
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'll be in Portland in a few days, is there any places where I can take advantage of the no sales tax? Or are all the prices MSRP and not really worth it?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brock Poulsen
United States
Boise
Id
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending on where in Portland you are, a visit to Off the Charts in Gresham (east of Portland proper) could be worth your time. I was very impressed with their selection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Holzgrafe
United States
Happy Valley
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"the understandably frightening and chimeric semicolon" -- HiveGod
mbmbmbmbmb
I can recommend Guardian Games in Portland, Rainy Day Games in Aloha, and our favorite is Off the Charts Games in Gresham. Guardian has a huge selection, and the other two have good selections and very friendly, helpful staff. If you go to Off the Charts, tell 'em Rick and Helen sent you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
or zombies or ...
badge
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends what days you are in town for? Guardian on Sundays will offer 20% off of MSRP if you are gaming there. Or if you head to My father's place for Wednesday night gaming you can pick up a coupon for the same 20% off.

edit: My Father's place is a bar/restaurant

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For all things gaming in Portland, check out the Portland, OR, USA guild.

Most stores charge MSRP, but many offer 10-20% discounts to people attending meetups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guardian Games and Rainy Day Games (that I know of) both have a fairly extensive Used section that tends to be around 30% off MSRP. They do a good job cataloguing all the pieces and if anything is missing it's clearly labeled on the box (infrequent). Plus if you go on their Euro Board Game Day (every other Sunday) you get the additional 20% off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls