sloop hmsstarling
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Diaz and Huerta Counter Revolution cards provide for attacks throughout the Republic from the Capital Region. In my first game, it was possible for Diaz to reach every region by a path from an adjacent region, and after attacking all regions, eliminated a railroad block. Similarly, Huerta was able to attack all regions except Baja California because the only access railroad there was blocked, so Huerta eliminated that railroad block, and then eliminated another railroad block that had not originally impeded his progress because he moved to an adjacent region without needing to go through the block. I believe it is correct for Diaz and Huerta to eliminate all railroad blocks connecting regions that they have reached in their attacks.

For example, there is a railroad block between Region Poniente and Region Nor Poniente and there are armed representatives in Region Nor Poniente. Diaz originates his attacks in the Capital Region and proceeds north through Region Centro, Region Centro Norte, Region Norte, and into Region Nor Poniente to attack the armed representatives there, avoiding the railroad block. After battling the armed representatives, Diaz can then remove the railroad block adjacent to Region Nor Poniente as he returns to the Capital Region. Of course if there is a railroad block between Region Centro and Region Centro Norte in addition to one between Region Poniente and Region Nor Poniente, then the path north is blocked completely and Diaz is limited to removing the two blocks and cannot proceed to attack farther north.

The map diagrams of possible attack locations on the Counter Revolutionary Leader cards seem clear, but just to confirm for my aging eyes looking at small diagrams, Gonzales and Robles begin their attacks in Region Sur and can also attack only the Capital Region, because Region Sur is connected only by its own railroad to the Capital Region. Region Sur is not connected to Region Sur Oriente and also the railroad running through Region Sur between Region Capital and Region Sur Oriente only connects those two regions and does not connect Region Sur to either of those regions. Similarly the railroad between Region Capital and Region Oriente running through Region Sur does not connect Region Sur to either of those two regions by that railroad.

Similarly, Counter Revolutionary Leaders de la Barra and Mondragon, who begin their attacks in the Capital Region, may not attack Region Centro Norte, because even though physically adjacent on the map, there is no direct railroad connection from the Capital Region to Region Centro Norte.

One other aspect of Counter Revolutionary Leaders and Railroad blocks. I believe that a Counter Revolutionary Leader can attack in his region of origin and then move to all of the adjacent connected secondary regions in turn, attacking each secondary region one by one, but may not attack an adjacent connected secondary regions if blocked, and in those cases he does remove the blocks. When he is attacking in one of these secondary regions, I believe that he may not attack blocks between that secondary regions and regions beyond that secondary region that he may not attack.

For example, say there are railroad blocks between Region Poniente and Region Nor Poniente, Region Capital and Region Sur Oriente, and Region Centro and Region Centro Norte. Now suppose that Counter Revolutionary Mondragon is turned over and he begins his attacks in Region Capital. Mondragon attacks Region Capital, removes the block to Region Sur Oriente but may not attack Region Sur Oriente because of the block, then attacks Region Sur, then attacks Region Poniente, then attacks Region Centro, and finally attacks Region Oriente. I believe that the block between Region Poniente and Region Nor Poniente may not be removed by Mondragon because even though he was adjacent to that block when attacking in Region Poniente, he is unable to attack Region Nor Poniente because it is beyond his reach and therefore he is unable to remove that block. Similarly, Mondragon would be unable to remove the block between Region Centro and Region Centro Norte even though he is adjacent to the block because Region Centro Norte is beyond his reach. If this is an incorrect interpretation, and Mondragon is able to remove these adjacent blocks, please let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saul Sanchez
Mexico
Guadalajara
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In the last example Mongragon eliminates blocking the R.Poniente and the R.Centro. When a counterrevolutionary appear, if he can attack or remove a lock, one of two things.
In the special case of Diaz and Huerta continue your way if this is open to where the blocks permit. After those blocks are removed. For example: Baja California is not safe from them only if there is blockage in the R.Norte-R.Norponiente and ways of R.Norponiente-R.Poniente train are open.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls