Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jill Reid
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska (NE)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played our first game with the expansion last night. It was 2-player, and a question came up. Toward the end of the game, I exhausted all of my money to bid for the first 2 plays and end the game. My husband was secretly holding the Enchanting Flute and then used it to move meeples, re-opening the game board and giving him 2 more turns. It didn't affect the outcome of the game, but we were discussing it today. I could see this altering a really close game.

What would the rule be here?
Note: We aren't big rules police, but we are newbies to the game. We want to play it and teach it correctly.

The first play with the expansion was great fun, and we will probably always play with it from now on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on this thread, http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1419708/how-do-magic-items-a..., even though you triggered the end of the game, you still finish the round. So your husband would be able to use any Djinns or magic tokens that would give him more turns. The game ends at the end of the round, even if there are now legal moves after your husband takes his turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jill Reid
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska (NE)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dhc3po wrote:
Based on this thread, http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1419708/how-do-magic-items-a..., even though you triggered the end of the game, you still finish the round. So your husband would be able to use any Djinns or magic tokens that would give him more turns. The game ends at the end of the round, even if there are now legal moves after your husband takes his turn.

Thank you! That thread was helpful too. I like the layer that the magical items add, especially in a 2-player game, even more then. It will make calculating the end of the game (and how to bid for turn order) more challenging. It makes me want to go after those magical items a lot more!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls