United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
Professor, isn't it time for your nap?
badge
YES, DAMMIT!
mbmbmbmbmb
Our first game the winner scored about 149, to my 129, to third place's 84.

Wondering what you guys have seen as far as scores, closeness of scores between players, and just all things scores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The scores haven't really been terribly close. This is definitely a game where someone can run away with things. That will likely dissipate as people get to know the cards, potential combos, strategies, etc. Normally this would bother me, but this game is so fun, it really doesn't matter. As soon as I finished the first game, I thought about how I could improve the next game. The next game, I got better. I still thought of ways to improve. I think experienced players will eventually have brutal, close death matches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valk _
United States
Staten Island
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3 games with similiar scores.

Usually winning score was 135-145 with a close 2nd or 3rd, and last player being 60-80 points behind.

In every game, everyone still had a chance when round 3 started so no one ever gave up on trying to win which I consider a sign of a good game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard B
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
www.nine2fivestudios.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These are all ball parks as I don't remember the exact scores:

2p: 170-80

4p: 80-140-180-190

4p: 50-130-210-240

I highlighted my scores in bold to give you an idea on how experience pays off. I could have won the second game if I had played my battle cards differently in one fight during the second age. Large, unrecoverable error.

In the 3rd game, the guy who finished at 210 was dominating everyone playing full in on Loki. The +0 that steals rage is the most aggravating battle card ever. I was able to get Frigga's Grace (?) and the 12 points for destroyed boats to score something silly like 130 points off of my boat. (Won a combat with the battle card that gives +3 rage.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Allard
msg tools
This game sounds so good. I cannot wait for it to ship so that I can play it. I get the feeling that I will be the guy who goes full on Loki in my group as I love to screw around with other players' games.

I am definitely liking that this game lends itself to many strategies to victory and from what I can tell they are reasonably equal all used. I have a few games that have multiple paths to victory but they are not very balanced so one strategy tends to prevail as the best so I am hoping that this is not the case with Blood Rage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
keyzersoze wrote:
This game sounds so good. I cannot wait for it to ship so that I can play it. I get the feeling that I will be the guy who goes full on Loki in my group as I love to screw around with other players' games.

I am definitely liking that this game lends itself to many strategies to victory and from what I can tell they are reasonably equal all used. I have a few games that have multiple paths to victory but they are not very balanced so one strategy tends to prevail as the best so I am hoping that this is not the case with Blood Rage.

Well, I've only played 4 games so far, so not a terribly large sample, but I have definitely not seen a dominant strategy used. Usually the winner is the player who arranges the most synergistic card combos. Some combinations are devastating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have any of you guys played Midgard? I'm curious how different it is from that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.