Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernard Hopkins
England
Durham/Darlington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered some card sleeves from them on 3rd of August. It's the 17th today and still no sign of them. I contacted them last week by email and have had no reply either.

I live in the UK and ordering from the mainland rarely takes more than 7 days. Its been 14 now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed. * Click the yellow microbadge for discounted microbadges!! *
mbmbmbmbmb
No vacation notice on the website? Some smaller webshops might be closed forthe summer holiday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Hopkins
England
Durham/Darlington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't see any vacation notice... Could be on holiday though.

I'll hold off the land invasion a little longer then... Cheers. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harm van der Schans
Netherlands
Voorburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've talked to them a bit on conventions and ordered several products with them. They are really friendly, but small (basically 2 guys, with conventions I think some friends/significant others help).
Still, with my e-mails they were sometimes also not so fast (asked them once to order a special product, but didn't get a reply in 1,5 weeks so I made the order myself)

So e-mail communication not being fast I can agree with. But I think you'll get your stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijer
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have, and while I did get my game at a reasonable price, but communication was bad and delivery took long.

They have some hard to obtain games for good prices though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rowdy van Lieshout
Netherlands
Huis ter Heide
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have ordered some games at the website, but not very recently (March this year, order was send to me within a couple of days). I've never had any problems with them.

(I've heard that some people had some troubles concerning their (lack of) correspondence. But I have never had any e-mail contact with them, so I don't know about that)

Good luck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Csuka
Netherlands
Den Haag
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are on holiday. I met one of them before August, they will be back in the next 2 weeks. They are really friendly and helpful, but sometimes mail response can take a few more days. I will let them know, if I meet them shortly if you problem has not been solved by then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Thijssen
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Serial gamer
badge
Stedje van lol en plezeer
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have a good experience with them.
Very friendly guys...they do deserve a break
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Hopkins
England
Durham/Darlington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
csukisz wrote:
They are on holiday. I met one of them before August, they will be back in the next 2 weeks. They are really friendly and helpful, but sometimes mail response can take a few more days. I will let them know, if I meet them shortly if you problem has not been solved by then.

Thank you for that. thumbsup

I'm in no rush, it's just good to know what is going on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Strange to hear all these responses. I had some mail contact with them about blank carcassone tiles. They answered really fast and mailed me immedieately when they had them in stock again.

I also made multiple orders there and all were send really quickly. Even the order of €70 on really a lot of small things.
They are friendly and I have never had any problems at all. You'll get your stuff! How unprofessional that they didn't used the automatic email response to tell people they are on hollidays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Hopkins
England
Durham/Darlington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They've arrived today...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered some stuff the day before yesterday and received it today (without any notice). Great I think! They didn't let me down in the past and I will order any time in the future at them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Pratama
Indonesia
Yogyakarta
DIY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While on the subject about spelspul.nl,

I've ordered and paid some Games from them back in october , and now i still haven't received my packag at all, the last contact with them is in son 26th october, saying that they're delaying to shipping my games because of one of the game i've ordered missing some content (it was Through the ages missing the playbook), but in the mail i replied they can send it right away without the missing content.

a couple of weeks later, i've ordered some other games from them again (and just thinking my earlier order probably already on its way), and after paid them,
they just... dissappear, not informing any payment confirmation or sending the games confirmation. not at all..

and now it is near Christmas, i still haven't received my first order from them, and i mail them a couple of days ago asking whether they already sent my games or confirmation, but still no reply until today..

I live in Indonesia and usually any shipment from Europe doesn't take more longer than one month.

I can handle long shipment and can wait no matter how long.
but while no communication from them at all, ignoring mail, no follow up, Now i really had doubt if they're ever sent my package at all.

So my question is:

1.Is there anyone here can confirm whether they're scamming the customer or really a legit seller?

2.if there's any, can anyone confirm whether they're actually in trouble or something? because of the lack of communication.

3.Should i dispute this on paypal asking for refund? i'm considering to do it, before the dispute deadline is passed. and if next month my package still doesn't arrived.

Sorry for the long post and bad english

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed. * Click the yellow microbadge for discounted microbadges!! *
mbmbmbmbmb
perapera wrote:

So my question is:

1.Is there's anyone here can confirm whether they're scamming the customer or really a legit seller?

2.if there's any, can anyone confirm whether they're actually in trouble or something? because of the lack of communication.

3.Should i dispute this on paypal asking for refund? i'm considering to do it, before the dispute deadline is passed. and if next month my package still doesn't arrived.

Sorry for the long post and bad english

Well I can assure you they aren't scammers. They're a well known webshop, and have been at Dutch gamecons for years.
I can't tell you about any trouble they might or might not be in, but if their webshop is still there, I'd say they're still in business. The holidays may cause some delay perhaps.
I'd just keep emailing them, but if they still don't reply after a month, yeah, then I'd try to get my money back as well. But I'm sure they'll respond. Give it some time, they might be on vacation
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Pratama
Indonesia
Yogyakarta
DIY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reassuring reply yeah maybe i'll do that.

thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Pratama
Indonesia
Yogyakarta
DIY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to inform that the package is actually arrived today, though i had no idea why the package was sent from germany, , in the end it was arrived in pristine condition, and that is all that matter

and actually they included the missing playbook for the TTA new story, at least all this time waiting was not in vain.

now i can wait my second package with ease

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's very good news! Thanks for letting us know
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Doctor
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
Woohoo, an overtext!
badge
Woohoo, a second overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
So how did anyone who claims to have been in mailcontact with them, actually find a mailaddress to use?

I can't find one on their website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
You could try shop@spelspul.nl. That's the mailadress I've used in the past. To be honest, it has been a while since I mailed them so I'm not sure it's still in use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Carcassonne
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered several times from them this year. Everything always arrived within a few days. Talked once over the phone about a game that was hard (impossible) to find. Really very helpful guy who recommended something else instead which was a hit in the family.

Under 'contact' on their site, you can fill in a contact form and like everybody said, it usually takes a day or 2 before they reply, but they will ultimately.
They recently renewed their website so I assume everything is still ok with the business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Hopkins
England
Durham/Darlington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pimpampet wrote:
Talked once over the phone about a game that was hard (impossible) to find. Really very helpful guy who recommended something else instead which was a hit in the family.

OK... I'm interested...What were those two games? The hard to find one and the replacement hit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Doctor
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
Woohoo, an overtext!
badge
Woohoo, a second overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jan van der Laan wrote:
You could try shop@spelspul.nl. That's the mailadress I've used in the past. To be honest, it has been a while since I mailed them so I'm not sure it's still in use.

Thank you, that helped.

Turns out they are also the fullfillment partner for a Kickstarter I backed. Had no clue why they would be sending me a package, but now I know.
And they replied pretty quick (the first time)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Geiregat
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
First time I ordered something at their site and it will be the last time!

They have the worst service you could possible think of.

I'm waiting almost 3 weeks for my order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eniac_g wrote:

Well, was it something they had in stock, or had to order? Sometimes games ar eon backorder because they were sold out. Have you contacted them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Geiregat
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sjeng wrote:
eniac_g wrote:

Well, was it something they had in stock, or had to order? Sometimes games ar eon backorder because they were sold out. Have you contacted them?

1. I never received a payment mail
2. I mailed them regarding this and got a quick response
3. After one week I didn't see any package or mailing regarding a shipment so I contacted them.
4. No response
5. I sent out another mail 2 day's later
6. No response
7. I call them they answer and let me know something went wrong and my package will be shipped tomorrow
8. 7 day's later (today) ... nothing ... and it's a shipment from Nertherland to Belgium which takes up to max. 2 day's
9. That's what I call a shitty service
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.