Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Felix Brause
Germany
Duisburg
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I´m kinda hyped after the Dice Tower review.
As a friend of CCGs/LCGs but with limited time to keep up every month with new deck building this looks pretty pretty good.
BUT with only 2 mages (I don´t own mage wars arena) how long can I be entertained? Even with customizable books...
So the big question. Given, that this will be a huge success.. or at least "a success"... how fast will the next box be released? And will it be the same format (2 mages, can be used as starter box with counters etc.) or maybe only 1 mage at a time?
Is there anything known about the plans for expansions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Brosman
United States
Roanoke
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We're working currently on the Priestess and the Warlock for the next academy releases. We want to ensure that Academy has the cards it needs to grow in the future!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryin
United States
Tyler
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cropcircles wrote:
We're working currently on the Priestess and the Warlock for the next academy releases. We want to ensure that Academy has the cards it needs to grow in the future!

Excellent. How far out is that expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I'm not mistaken, the box cover for Priestess vs. Warlock was spoiled before Wizard vs. Beastmaster. Aaron obviously has better info than I do (LOL) but rumour has it that it should be out this calendar year (?).

*edit* to add pic:

P.S. I taught and played Academy (Wizard vs. Beastmaster) with one of my Mage Wars Arena players last night. I think he's played Arena less than 10 times, so "experienced" but not "expert." We got set up, quickly went over the rules differences relative to Arena, he skimmed his book, and we played through a match - all in about 30 minutes. The match went ~ 6 rounds, which seems to be the same length all my Academy matches have gone so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Brosman
United States
Roanoke
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
iNana78 is correct, we're working to have Priestess and Warlock out this year. It's hard to say exactly where it is as I only really deal on the design side, and so production is a bit foreign to me. But we're hard at work and excited to get more excellent Academy content out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cropcircles wrote:
iNana78 is correct, we're working to have Priestess and Warlock out this year. It's hard to say exactly where it is as I only really deal on the design side, and so production is a bit foreign to me. But we're hard at work and excited to get more excellent Academy content out there.

Really? It didn't get pushed back due to Domination problems? This would be awesome...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Any word on the release of "Priestess and Warlock"? Sounded like it would be out in the not too distant future...5 months ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls