5 Posts

Eldritch Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Replacement investigator stealing other player's equipment? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Elegia Spellweaver
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If my investigator is defeated, and I'm drawing a new one, and outfitting with starting equipmnent, but the starting equipment is in another player's possession already, what happens?

We played it that I would receive a random asset of the same type from the deck, FYI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
You just don't receive the item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's in the FAQ and the official answer is "Too Bad"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the actual text from the Offical FAQ on FFG's website:

Q. What happens if a new investigator’s starting possessions are being used by another investigator?

A. When a player chooses a new investigator, he receives that investigator’s starting possessions from the decks, discard piles, or reserve. If the starting possessions are not in these places, such as if another investigator or a defeated investigator has them, the new investigator does not start with those possessions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias Heilmann
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you don't draw a new investigator but choose one you can just pick one whose starting equipment is still available.
I usually choose an investigator that starts on the space the defeated one lays on. Especially if he/she had a lot of equipment. But it also gives that thematic feeling of passing the torch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls