Subject: Card quality rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm one of those guys who doesn't really sleeve all his game cards. There are a few games I will, because I know they will get played a lot, but most of the time, I don't bother because of the added cost.

However, every now and then comes a game where you know you NEED to sleeve your cards. I pulled Evolution and Flight out last week for their inaugural play and just sorting and shuffling the cards by hand I could feel that they would get damaged/dirty very easily. There was a lot of friction trying to shuffle them and, being a hot day, it just felt as I started sweating a bit, that they were already getting dirty.

Anyone else get this feeling?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, many of us came to the same conclusion as soon as Evolution's first edition was released. The cards need to be sleeved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never bothered to sleeve my cards. It seems like the deck would just get too unwieldy. There's a little bit of wear on the backs around the edges, but they've held up just fine after 25+ plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.