9 Posts

Fortune and Glory: The Cliffhanger Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can You Have a Defense of +3? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
don hoe

Massachusetts
msg tools
There is a mission and a sidekick that each give you +1 defense. Is it then possible to have a defense of 3 or can you have only one modifier to your defense attribute?

You are kind of invulnearble in a fight with a Defense of +3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
craftytouch wrote:
There is a mission and a sidekick that each give you +1 defense. Is it then possible to have a defense of 3 or can you have only one modifier to your defense attribute?

I tend to agree. I would rule the modifiers don't stack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
don hoe

Massachusetts
msg tools
But on the other hand the Sidekick would be useless and a waste. Probably house rule it to draw another and shuffle the sidekick back into the pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Martyn
United States
Guilford
VT
flag msg tools
EXCELSIOR!!!
badge
ZOMGALOMES!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
craftytouch wrote:

On the other hand, there are still a ton of other ways you can be KOed! I'm pretty confident that if this happened to me during one of my games, I'd try to go looking for fights only to end up falling prey to other hazards, again and again.

+3 Defense is pretty amazing, to be sure, but a) combat alone probably won't win the game, and b) if you're that lucky, you might as well get a chance to enjoy it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon T
Australia
Peakhurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Urhixidur wrote:
craftytouch wrote:

I tend to agree. I would rule the modifiers don't stack.

Villain modifiers from the Villain Event deck can stack, so I don't see why Hero modifiers can't stack if they're lucky enough to have this happen.

It'll make for one great 'remember the time when' story, which is kind of what this game is about.

And what about that Villain Event that gives an extra 5 fight dice to the next Villain in a Fight Round. It would be nice having someone buffed up enough to deal with that for once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
don hoe

Massachusetts
msg tools
Yeah u guys r right. I'll allow a Dfenseof +3. How often could it happen anyway?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say that they do stack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bos
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would allow this to happen.
- Firstly, it is rare.
- Secondly, it might allow you to stand up to the Villains w/ the +5 dice in combat.
- Thridly, combat alone wont normally win the game.

But that is just my thoughts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Duncan
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RedShirtRob wrote:
I would allow this to happen.
- Firstly, it is rare.
- Secondly, it might allow you to stand up to the Villains w/ the +5 dice in combat.
- Thridly, combat alone wont normally win the game.

But that is just my thoughts.

Agreed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.