Severí Vinyoles

Barcelona
Catalonia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am on the third mission of the third scenario of the game. According to the mission's instructions, if a player has 0 cards in his hand, he is eliminated of the game. I am playing with Gandalf (he died in Moria, but I managed to recover him with Fortune or Fate, hahahaa). Now the next card I shoud have to draw on the next round is Poisoned Counsels (I know it, because it is face up, thanks to Gandalf's ability), which would make me discard all the other cards of my hands. But how does this card really work?

1.- When I draw it, have I to discard all the other cards, but do I still keep this card in my hand (and therefore, I don't get eliminated)? Or should I also discard this card, since it is a treason card?

2.- Would it be possible to play this card, which is now face up on my deck, thanks to Gandalf's ability? It is a treason card, but the card says it functions like a player's card. I understand that I could play it with no cost.

Thanks in advance. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lycaon wrote:
1.- When I draw it, have I to discard all the other cards, but do I still keep this card in my hand (and therefore, I don't get eliminated)? Or should I also discard this card, since it is a treason card?
It says to discard all other cards, so this card will stay in your hand.

Lycaon wrote:
2.- Would it be possible to play this card, which is now face up on my deck, thanks to Gandalf's ability? It is a treason card, but the card says it functions like a player's card. I understand that I could play it with no cost.
There are no rules that allow you to play a Treachery card from your hand, so it cannot be played. However, once it is in your hand, you can discard it to fulfill a requirement that you discard a card from hand, or to trigger an ability (e.g. Eowyn) that requires you to discard a card from hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Munn

Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lycaon wrote:

As AdmiralACF has already mentioned, you can't play the card. But if you have Wizard's Pipe available, you could use it to exchange the top card of your deck with a card from your hand. That way you haven't drawn Poisoned Counsels, so its ability won't trigger. Edit: Gildor Inglorion's effect would also work to defang Poisoned Counsels, as would Gandalf's Search.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls