Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Pottage
United Kingdom
Nr Wakefield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mb
Let's say I have an expedition that requires two mountains then two rivers. On one turn I put a ride die on my board for the two rivers. Could I put a journal die alongside it on my next turn? Then, later, put three identical dice on my board for the two mountains? Finally, on another turn, add a journal die to trigger the mountain? Then, at this point, explore the card and take my dice back?
In short, I know the whole journey has to be done at the same time, but do ALL the journal dice have to be played on the same turn? Or can I stagger them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot stagger them. Once you place a journal die on a travel action, it is triggered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Expeditions trigger all at the same time when all journal dice are played simultaneously. Why would you want to play the journal die before completing the expedition? You can keep the journal die in your dice pool and wait for the right moment to play all journal dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, placing the journal die triggers the effect.

"...they are activated, later in
another turn, by placing a Journal die, which
triggers their effect."

"Players can't "reserve" a triggered Action for
a future turn: use it now, or never!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
g colhoun
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes,

Set up the various movements you plan, then trigger them with journal dice. The ones triggered are rolled and returned to your pool. The untriggered ones remain on your board.

Thematically, the journey dice are your explorations, the journal dice are your notes afterwards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.