Dungeons & Dragons Dice Masters: Battle for Faerûn» Forums » Rules

Subject: Human Paladin- Lesser Emerald Enclave rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent Paul
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools

Human Paladin- While active, your characters in the field cannot be affected by global abilities used by your opponent.

Field: This area holds your characters who are ready to fight the forces of the opposing warlord—either to smite the foe or to protect you.
Attack Zone: This area is considered a special part of the field. It’s where your characters go when they are ready to pummel the enemy. Characters in the attack zone.
are still considered to be in the field.

The scenario is I attacked with 2 characters and he used distraction global to pull both of my attackers back. Is this correct or should he not have been able to do this since the rule book says the attack zone is considered the field zone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drcigg wrote:

Human Paladin- While active, your characters in the field cannot be affected by global abilities used by your opponent.

Field: This area holds your characters who are ready to fight the forces of the opposing warlord—either to smite the foe or to protect you.
Attack Zone: This area is considered a special part of the field. It’s where your characters go when they are ready to pummel the enemy. Characters in the attack zone.
are still considered to be in the field.

The scenario is I attacked with 2 characters and he used distraction global to pull both of my attackers back. Is this correct or should he not have been able to do this since the rule book says the attack zone is considered the field zone?

If you had Human Paladin active, then he should not have been able to do that. The Attack Zone is a sub-set of the Field, and Human Paladin protects them in both areas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Paul
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools

Yes Human Paladin was active.

Good to know for next time. Thanks for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitris Chrysopoulos
Greece
Thessaloniki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about Mera's global:
Global: Pay [1 Mask]. If a character would deal you 5 or more combat damage, it instead deals you 2 combat damage.

Does Paladin stop your opponent from using it on your attacker of >4 attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor MacLeod
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mhtsos wrote:
Global: Pay [1 Mask]. If a character would deal you 5 or more combat damage, it instead deals you 2 combat damage.

That global would affect your character, so IMO, yes, the Paladin being in the field would prevent the global from being used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mhtsos wrote:

It depends on if the Global is considered to change the attacker's A stat to 2, or if it changes the damage you receive to 2. If it's the former, it is affecting the character, and HP would prevent it. If it is the latter, the character isn't be directly affected, so HP wouldn't matter.

I believe that it is the latter, but it definitely isn't clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.