Terra Mystica» Forums » Rules

Subject: ACT6 with carpet flight/tunneling rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Huang
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When performing ACT6 (6pw -> 2spades) with carpet flight (paying 1 priest), is it allowed to use carpet flight to dig hex A while building on hex B?
In this example, A and B are both red terrains (one spade away from the yellow terrain), B is a directly adjacent space, and A is a legal carpet flight target space.

It seems legal to do so according to the FAQ. However this move seems counter-intuitive to the rule interpretation, because hex A seems a target space for digging yet a new dwelling is placed on hex B in the same action. Sorry if this issue has been covered in the rule forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Andrew
Indonesia
Bandung
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you can dig two hexes to your home terrain with ACT6, but for your example the answer is no. on the contrary, it is allowed to dig hex B and carpet flight+dig+build hex A

you have to build in the same action if you want to use carpet flight. and this is why you cannot use carpet flight for spade gained from cult bonus

and these apply to Dwarves' tunneling as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juho Snellman
Switzerland
Zurich
Zurich
flag msg tools
mb
veenickz wrote:
you have to build in the same action if you want to use carpet flight. and this is why you cannot use carpet flight for spade gained from cult bonus
That's not true. You are definitely allowed to use carpet flight / tunneling to just transform a hex but not build.

The move in the original question looks valid to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Andrew
Indonesia
Bandung
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really? I think i tried that once before and it wasnt allowed. I must have remembered it wrong then blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit: This reply now intentionally left blank. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Caster
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mb
DocCool wrote:
Actually (and please correct me if I'm wrong), you could split ACT6 on two red hexes which both require a carpet flight and pay two priests (and then build on one of them if you so desire). Same with Dwarves.
This I'm quite sure you cannot do, at least not with the set of rules used at the snellman site. I have tried to do it playing the Dwarves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juho Snellman
Switzerland
Zurich
Zurich
flag msg tools
mb
DocCool wrote:
What you can't do is to use one spade on a terrain but not completely transform it to your home color, then use the 2nd spade on another hex.

So if in the case of the OP the hex which required carpet flight (hex A) was grey, you could not transform it to red and still use the 2nd spade on hex B and build there.
Um, but that example *is* transforming one terrain to the player's home color and then using the leftovers on another hex, exactly like your first paragraph says. Totally valid.

Quote:
Actually (and please correct me if I'm wrong), you could split ACT6 on two red hexes which both require a carpet flight and pay two priests (and then build on one of them if you so desire). Same with Dwarves.
You could not; only one carpet flight / tunnel per action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jsnell wrote:
D4ocCool wrote:
What you can't do is to use one spade on a terrain but not completely transform it to your home color, then use the 2nd spade on another hex.

So if in the case of the OP the hex which required carpet flight (hex A) was grey, you could not transform it to red and still use the 2nd spade on hex B and build there.
Um, but that example *is* transforming one terrain to the player's home color and then using the leftovers on another hex, exactly like your first paragraph says. Totally valid.

Yep, just swap the order of transformations. One complete transform and one incomplete.

Quote:
Quote:
You could not; only one carpet flight / tunnel per action.

Do you have a source for that? I'm only a poor newb but I don't see anything in the rules so I could read it either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juho Snellman
Switzerland
Zurich
Zurich
flag msg tools
mb
It's in the FAQ, https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Terra_Mystica_FAQ#toc17
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
cry

blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jsnell wrote: