Subject: Tokens / Markers of end of round points rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott G

Mentor
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The winner of rounds 1 and 2 earn some points to counted for the end of game scoring. Certainly, you can just write these points down on a pad or something else...

BUT...

Has anyone found or designed or thought of some way to denote these points that keep in theme? Maybe some kahuna masks from the dollar store? Or some cool beads that are easy to find, toss in the box and use for recording who won round 1 and round 2.

Thanks for ideas!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We just set aside an appropriate (small) number of bridges; e.g. if Black won the first round, gaining 1 point, then we set a black bridge aside to show that Black is 1 point ahead. Then e.g. if White won the second round, gaining 2 points, then we return the black bridge and set a white bridge aside to show that White is now 1 point ahead. (If Black had won the second round, then we'd set 2 more black bridges aside, for a total of 3.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robyn Zwicker
United States
Grafton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just going to post this same question.
They could have added two more round tokens maybe green or whatever with a 1 and a 2 on it.

The game makes us focus so hard that we forgot who won the first round. I don't want a pad of paper beside me for a game.

I was thinking of stopping at Lowes and buying some 1 inch wooden plugs and just painting them and adding a 1 and a 2.

Seems like a simple thing to add and not really effect the price of the game much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls