United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Podcast On iTunes!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Xia PNP

So I made a deal with my friend that if he would 3D print 2 copy's of the Xia print and play that I would paint his ships for him and print the boards and cards!

They have a 3D printer at his work so he was down! I got the files to him and after there cad guy messed with it a bit he got it printed out!

They came out a little grainy but I still think they're definitely playable !

So I held up my side of the deal! Here are his painted ships!

I still think I need to weather them to help them match the ships in Xia better with a wash and inks...

But I think what Cody has done here is help Usher in the future!! I'm stoked to play with the PNP ships!!

I'm sure we are going to talk about 3d printing & board gaming the next Epic Gaming Night podcast so feel free to check that out!
http://epicgamingnight.libsyn.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Miller
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh! This is so awesome! I can't believe we actually live in the times of Star Trek style replicators - haha! Such a great job painting them too Roy! Exciting!!

Cheers, -Cody
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Cannaday
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Podcast On iTunes!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sasachaz wrote:
Ahh! This is so awesome! I can't believe we actually live in the times of Star Trek style replicators - haha! Such a great job painting them too Roy! Exciting!!

Cheers, -Cody

Thanx Cody!! I will report back after I have gotten a few plays with the new ships!! I can't wait to get them to the table!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Roycannaday wrote:
Xia PNP

So I made a deal with my friend that if he would 3D print 2 copy's of the Xia print and play that I would paint his ships for him and print the boards and cards!

They have a 3D printer at his work so he was down! I got the files to him and after there cad guy messed with it a bit he got it printed out!

They came out a little grainy but I still think they're definitely playable !

So I held up my side of the deal! Here are his painted ships!

I still think I need to weather them to help them match the ships in Xia better with a wash and inks...

But I think what Cody has done here is help Usher in the future!! I'm stoked to play with the PNP ships!!

I'm sure we are going to talk about 3d printing & board gaming the next Epic Gaming Night podcast so feel free to check that out!
http://epicgamingnight.libsyn.com/

Based on your post I ordered mine today from Shapeways. Would you comment on the brand of paint and colors you used?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Cannaday
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Podcast On iTunes!!
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMzchf wrote:

Based on your post I ordered mine today from Shapeways. Would you comment on the brand of paint and colors you used?

Just reaper and citadel minis paint. I'm sure any paint made for minis painting minis would work well!

I mostly only have base colors and I do mixing to get the desired shade...
I don't own orange paint at all but I mixed reaper red and yellow to get the color I wanted!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sutphen
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where do you get the stands from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Cannaday
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Podcast On iTunes!!
mbmbmbmbmb
acefury wrote:
Where do you get the stands from?

I just used some from the other ships! You don't use them all at the same time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.