Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Rosenquist
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I know. Right now everyone is focused on getting in their War/Fate orders (myself included) and also backing BattleCON Online, but there are some of us (myself included) who like to hear ANY news regarding BattleCON, including stuff coming a bit farther down the pipeline.

So, I know this can change, but I've caught 2 interesting tidbits of info regarding Trials of Indines from reading various Kickstarter comments. Here they are:

1. Remember Claus & Wyndhal, one of the promo characters from the original War that is currently out of print? Claus & Wyndhal (updated edition) that was an unreached stretch goal for the War: Remastered Kickstarter? Word on the street is that C&W will be a promo that releases with Trials!

2. So, remember that OTHER really cool unreached War: Remastered stretch goal, The BattleCON Collector's Big Box? Word on the street is that it will ALSO be part of the Trials release, or at least its KS campaign. Actually, the exact wording was "part of our next tabletop campaign," but I'm going to assume that campaign will be Trials. The prototype for this box may have been given away at GenCon to the grand prize winner of the BC tournament they had there, but I'm not 100% sure, and unfortunately no pics of that box have shown up online, to my knowledge anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The prototype was in fact given away to the winner of Worlds. Brad took a picture at the end with him holding it, not sure what happened to said picture though. It looked pretty sweet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel DeMars
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andarel wrote:
The prototype was in fact given away to the winner of Worlds. Brad took a picture at the end with him holding it, not sure what happened to said picture though. It looked pretty sweet.

I've got the picture, if you want it (or want it posted on BGG).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Rosenquist
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LeinadColtrane wrote:
Andarel wrote:

I would like to see it, if you don't mind posting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
Contrarily to seemingly most BGG, I'm trying to find motives to prune my collection.
badge
Meow.
mb
A quick keyword search and the lack of results left me with the following question: what is Trials? A new standard BattleCON set?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brock
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a new Fate sized set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
Contrarily to seemingly most BGG, I'm trying to find motives to prune my collection.
badge
Meow.
mb
1) \o/
2) I'll never play 5% of the matchups in my life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicolas Weiss wrote:
1) \o/
I am the same. But I want to have the characters there in case I choose to try them. I might be a little addicted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicolas Weiss wrote:
1) \o/

Maybe not every matchup, but at least every character!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micah
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It wasn't until recently that I even saw all of the Devastation characters in play, and I still haven't used them all myself.

It would be easier if I knew more people around here who were as addicted as I am! It's hard to bring in people I know who only like to play board games casually. Which is most of the people I know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LeinadColtrane wrote:
Andarel wrote:

I'd like to see it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brisingre wrote:
LeinadColtrane wrote:
Andarel wrote:

I'd like to see it!

wasn't it posted? -- I thought it was this:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Champie
United States
Eureka
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I need that case!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Rosenquist
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you LeinadColtrane and DomHiob. Very cool! I see the 2 GenCon Tournament playmats in that pic, too (and Brad). Yeah, I'm sure I'll be in for the mass-produced collector's case when it becomes available. In the meantine, I've got other various boxes holding everything, including the Big Geeky Box (Smash Up) for the character cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Johnson
msg tools
So, wait, that's the prototype? The mass produced box is going to be made out of what looks like hand carved wood? That's gonna be expensive...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I spoke to go7gaming a few weeks ago and they said they were working on a new storage solution, chest-style. No details yet though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Khift wrote:
So, wait, that's the prototype? The mass produced box is going to be made out of what looks like hand carved wood? That's gonna be expensive...
Nah, that's a 25-dollar Hobby Lobby box with the Devastation logo lasered into it. go7gaming used to sell them, I think? Couldn't find them on their website. Might have been a kickstarter thing.

Still not exactly cheap, ofc.

EDIT: BGG apparently chokes on URLs with apostrophes in them? Hobby Lobby apparently puts apostrophes in their URLs? Here's a fuckin' TinyURL because apparently the future's stupid. If you want to see the non-modified box, you can find them here. http://preview.tinyurl.com/nmcfauy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully we get some info on this soon after the BattleCon Online project wraps up. I was super-hyped for BattleCon Online up to the moment I made it to the KS page and saw the pledge amounts and what the future pricing plan looks like. So I need something else BattleCon-related to be hyped about after my Duelist Deluxe content gets delivered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I'm not super happy about that either. Level99's kickstarters have been straddling the line between "not worth backing" and "worth backing for the promos" for a long time, depending on how you feel about promos. I hear Devastation ended up being a good deal, but none of the ones since have been. The more recent ones, now that shipping's not free, have been significantly and relatively transparently more expensive than retail.

But BCO's a different level, I think. Most Level99 games are reasonably-priced out in the world, and are a little overpriced on Kickstarter. BCO's overpriced in general.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United States
Fremont
CA
flag msg tools
badge
For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.
mbmbmbmbmb
brisingre wrote:
Yeah I'm not super happy about that either. Level99's kickstarters have been straddling the line between "not worth backing" and "worth backing for the promos" for a long time, depending on how you feel about promos. I hear Devastation ended up being a good deal, but none of the ones since have been. The more recent ones, now that shipping's not free, have been significantly and relatively transparently more expensive than retail.

But BCO's a different level, I think. Most Level99 games are reasonably-priced out in the world, and are a little overpriced on Kickstarter. BCO's overpriced in general.

The early kickstarter (before they learn to budget) are always the ones that are deals. The later ones are almost never as good in value. But the earlier ones do seem more risky so.... "investment" at work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's the general rule. I back them for promos, and because I like feeling like I'm supporting Level99 because they've made some excellent games.

I'm having a bad day, though, and the goodwill component of that's been wearing thin lately, so I'm gonna be cross about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
brisingre wrote:

You're aware that you can unlock all the characters in-game, right? And that the unlock rate is such that you can keep up with the character release rate by playing 4-5 matches (less than half an hour in turbo mode) a day? As far as free-to-play games go, it seems unsustainably cheap, if anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ethereality wrote:
You're aware that you can unlock all the characters in-game, right? And that the unlock rate is such that you can keep up with the character release rate by playing 4-5 matches (less than half an hour in turbo mode) a day? As far as free-to-play games go, it seems unsustainably cheap, if anything.

Hours, not matches, last I heard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bertez bertez
msg tools
Maybe my standards are lower from playing other free to play games but 60 dollars to unlock everything forever seems really generous

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
Andarel wrote:
Ethereality wrote:

Hours, not matches, last I heard.

Assuming 70 matches a character, 2 characters a month, and 30 days a month, that's 4.6 matches a day to keep up. Days and months are not the same thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |