James A
msg tools
If I start keeping track of my items on paper instead of holding on to physical cards, should I out the cards back in the gear deck or leave them out when in use by a player? My point is to not dig them out every time but then it might throw the deck off balance and possibly give items we already have, wasting draws on new stuff.

Also am I correct to assume that most stiff you can buy in town doesn't have a matching card? But if it does do I pull it out? What if we randomly for some crazy reason buy more of the same item than there are cards in the deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Who2342 wrote:
My point is to not dig them out every time but then it might throw the deck off balance and possibly give items we already have, wasting draws on new stuff.

If you want to put the cards back in after writing them down on a sheet (for example, to play your copy with different groups), you can simply redraw if you get something you already have.

Quote:
Also am I correct to assume that most stiff you can buy in town doesn't have a matching card? But if it does do I pull it out?

Town items do not have cards. If there are any items in the Gear deck that can be bought in town, they specifically should not be removed from the Gear deck as they are meant to exist there independent of town purchases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James A
msg tools
Hmm ok cool. My only other question is,you said just redraw if something is already in play/owned...I can check myself but...are there any doubles in the gear deck? And does everything you say still apply to the artifact deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Irons
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know a lot of the sidebag gear has duplicates (or quadruplicates).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James A
msg tools
Ah I didn't think about those because we haven't drawn any yet! If you draw a side bag card and take the corresponding token, the card gets put in discard and then...what? Shuffled back in very next adventure? Or kept out until a corresponding token is used? Or shuffled immediately back in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there are duplicates of some of the weapons. There are definitely duplicates of the side bag tokens, as well as some of the small artifacts (Void Crystals, Swamp Fungus, etc).

Most of the stuff purchasable in town doesn't have a corresponding card. If it does, don't worry about it. Cards represent what you can find in the mines/Other Worlds, and town items are things that are manufacturable and, theoretically, unlimited in supply.

We use large character sheets, and we shuffle gear and artifact cards back into their respective decks after each adventure/town session. It's just easier for us - we have too many heroes spread over too many posses to try to keep items unique. We've probably got 3-4 dozen character sheets stored with our game, and the posses are not static - they vary depending on who's playing that day and what I feel like playing (I'll usually have a few heroes around the same level to choose from). Thematically (for us), the mines and Other Worlds are big places - why should there be only one of a given item in existence?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Harrison
United States
Riverton
NJ
flag msg tools
Who2342 wrote:
Hmm ok cool. My only other question is,you said just redraw if something is already in play/owned...I can check myself but...are there any doubles in the gear deck? And does everything you say still apply to the artifact deck?

There are duplicates of some items, if you don't pull them out.

Really the choice of how to handle this is up to you. Some groups treat items as unique, others do not.

My group treats artifacts as unique, but gear as not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.