Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Horus Heresy (1993)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Deployment issue rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
So the answer might be simple but i need some clarification.
I tried out this game recently and was a bit confused. Under normal movement, a counter may not enter an area occupied by an enemy counter of any type.
What about landing? The Chaos player can or cannot land in a spaceport occupied Imperials? The rules are the same for movement and landing? It is not specified.

We played the historical set-up and from the initial deployment on, the Chaos player controls only one spaceport and if it is not allowed to land in Imperial-held spaceports then the Chaos player barely has a chance to take the other spaceports.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a while, but I think they both fall under the same rule. Note however that corruption during the first turn Invasion stuff can easily hand the Traitors a second or even third Port. But grabbing an extra Port is an early goal for the Traitors to start bringing their numbers to bear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thank You, it sounds good. I still think it is very hard to bring troops that way but that's OK. We played the historical set-up. I think in free set-up mode much would change

I played Chaos and i landed my troops in contested spaceports too during playtesting. I barely managed to get a few survivors through because the combined damage that the occupying imperials and the defence lasers wrought upon my troops. The game ended a little bit too early though, but not because of this misbehaviour but i managed to get the invasion force into the palace and the Emperor attacked my troops but got a "Bloody Stalemate" result. The Emperor fell victim to that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.