Subject: Returning after being ejected rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jens Witgeers
Belgium
West Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just a quick question. When you return a unit that has been ejected into space, and you place it into a sector that contains a friendly unit which has a parasite or a gripper attached to it, do you free the unit from the parasite/gripper or not? The rules and descripitions on the card state that to free the unit, you have to move another friendly unit into the same sector and end your move there. But it is also stated that when you return an ejected unit to the station, all you do is trigger traps after which your turn ends.
Hence my confusion.

I would appreciate any insight in this situation.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Scothern
United Kingdom
Glasgow
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don;t know the official ruling, but I would expect not. Returning from outside is pretty much 'miss a turn' so I wouldn't think using it as a handy shortcut to reach and free a crewmate is permitted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
KY
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing that triggers when you place a unit back onto the board from space is traps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Witgeers
Belgium
West Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies. I thought as much, but during my last game, we had a difference of opinion if placing a unit on the board from space was considered a move or not. That's why I asked the question.
But I think we will keep playing just as we did and not allow freeing parasitic/gripped units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls