Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone post the list of scenarios? They are not included in the game description up top, as they are for most of the other C&C games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have my book handy, but scenarios concentrate on particular episodes in the battles of Loos (September–October, 1915), The Somme (July–November, 1916), and Vimy Ridge (April, 1917).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
The scenarios are:

Command and Colours-Opening Action I
Command and Colours-Opening Action 2
Loos [2nd Division Diversionary Attack] 25 September 1915
Loos-[Hohenzollern Redoubt] 25 September 1915
Loos [German Counter-Attack] 27 September 1915
Loos [Fight for the Trenches] 29 September to 3 October 1915
Loos [Renewed British Offensive] 13-14 October 1915
Somme [Hawthorn Ridge Mine Explosion] 1 July 1916
Somme [Mashh Valley & La Boiselle] 1 July 1916
Somme [Sausage Valley & La Boiselle] 1 July 1916
Somme [Mametz] 1 July 1916
Somme [Mametz Wood] 7-10 July 1916
Vimy Ridge [1st & 2nd Canadian Infantry Divisions] 9 April 1917
Vimy Ridge [Hill 145] 9-10 April 1917
Vimy Ridge [The Pimple] 12 April 1917
Vimy Ridge [Bois-en-Hache] 12 April 1917

Plus two KS Scenarios:
Somme [Montauban 30th Division] 1 July 1916
Somme [Montauban 18th Division] 1 July 1916

All in all, a nice early selection...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo Thanks, Mayor Jim. Will the two KS Scenarios be in the retail version? If not, can someone post them here or in the Files Section?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
goo Thanks, Mayor Jim. Will the two KS Scenarios be in the retail version? If not, can someone post them here or in the Files Section?
The two KS scenarios will not be in the retail version. They were incentives for the KS backers. That doesn't mean they won't appear down the road though. There's probably a copyright restriction to posting any of the scenarios at this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Perla
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I was disappointed that all the scenarios appear o be trench fights. Have those who have played ant opinion about whether the game will work with open field fights such as thise of August 1914?

thanks

Take care

Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Samuelson
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
"I was disappointed that all the scenarios appear to be trench fights." This was a sentiment shared by many of the soldiers involved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orion J.N. Winder
United States
Holly Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
ALL ACCESS - ALL THE TIME - DON'T EVEN ASK
mbmbmbmbmb
peterperla wrote:
I was disappointed that all the scenarios appear o be trench fights. Have those who have played ant opinion about whether the game will work with open field fights such as thise of August 1914?

thanks

Take care

Peter

I think that possibly this is also something that halts me from the game, or at least makes the pass on it less worrisome. IMHO the trench warfare tactics by the allies was perhaps the most reprehensible aspects of the conflict. (Well, perhaps gas, too, but that was also used in the trenches.)

That and the brittle tiny plastic pieces make this the one C&C that I doubt that I pick up. I'm solid on the rest of them. From reading the forums too, it seems highly fiddly in several ways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgive me... I am not knowledgeable on WWI Battles... But can anyone name a Western Front battle (British vs. Germans) that did not involve trenches?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sure the game will play just fine with open terrain... Likely bloodier than any C&C game so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cavalry charges in the open terrain vs. machine guns didn't work out so well.

Also, there is No Man's Land bombing at the start of the game that will add some craters in some spaces between the trenches. So those will be places players can use during an assault to at least have some better chances than in the open fields.

Players also have HQ tokens as currency to pay for off board artillery to be used to soften up (hopefully) enemy units before charging them. The HQ tokens are also resources needed to pay for combat cards that can be very helpful. So players need to manage the use of their HQ tokens in a good way, though sometimes it could be worth the risk to use them up for one big part of a turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Battles without trenches would include very early in the war during 1914 before they were dug, and later in 1918 after the Allies were starting to break through the German defenses, due to the aid of tanks, the Germans running out of supplies and morale, etc. Also some battles on other fronts sometimes saw fewer or shallower trench systems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fwiw, the "trenches" are distinct terrain pieces that are added to the game board. You have a green side and a brown side available. If you want to play without trenches, it's easy enough to create some scenarios.

(Might want to go without Reserve Arty at first.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
True That...there's plenty of middle east and African scenarios that can be developed that have no trenches,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Cooper
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first battle of the Maarne, Charleroi, Sambre and others. Trenches were built as an aftermath of the failed German offensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls