Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
simon rorke
South Africa
Sandton
Gauteng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is something I figured out this weekend and I thought I should share.

A few weeks ago, it was cloudy and cold decided to get my one friend over and we would sit through and figure out this game. Being in a position of a collector I already had all of wave 1 so it was already pretty fleshed out.

What followed was 3 matches of intense fighting with some back and forward moves, almost every match was won or lost on what felt like the last move. First time I played with the armoured division using my AT-ST to block the capture point and mow down any stupid rebel trying to get close. The second game my band of mercenaries almost succeeded in hunting down Chewie to win the match. The last match of the day was an imperial march with Vader and some Imperial Guards trying to take down what seemed like a horde of rebel troopers all in prime position. Needless to say Darth Vader lasted till the end but even he could not handle the massive amount of firepower coming from those focused trooper. An awesome day to say the least.

Now move forward to this last weekend and the reason for this post. Me and my friend were joined by some others from our group and a 5 player campaign started. The thing I noted was that because my friend had already experienced how the game played, it allowed him to get the team to more easily understand how the game works. However that is not the biggest reason, because the rebels had a somewhat experienced player on their team it allowed them to trust me as the Imperial Player so that if I ever told a rule it wasn't to screw them over but to simply make the game work. If I said a group of Storm Troopers burst through the door, it didn't seem like I was making up crap on the fly.

TLR Play the skirmish it will help having a an experienced player on either side during the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
TL-DR: Play more Imperial Assault.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
TL-DR: Play more Imperial Assault.

tl-dr supplemental: Don't be the type of player that others refuse to trust in any game unless vouched for by a 3rd party! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.