Subject: New to HoN: A few questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Niels Thornberg
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Guys,

New to HoN and I have had 3 playthroughs of Godsend. I have 2 questions that I could not find any answers to and I would have had more if it was not for Deans manual rewrite. It helped a lot. Thx mate.

1. The objective.
In the rules it state that you can not pick up the objective if an enemy is also adjacent to the objective. That is clear enough, but we were still a bit confused.

When can the objective be picked up? Is it as soon as a unit touches the objective or would you resolve it at the end of the activation round?

2. Ambush
Misleading name btw. Should be more like "Concealed". Anyways, can a concealed unit, reveal itself and shoot in the same turn. Our is "reveal" considered a "move"?

Related question:

Concealed unit can be attacked by any enemy unit within 2 squares, as they automatically gets reveals unless they are obstructed by LoS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
1. In Godsend you pick up the objective if you end your movement adjacent to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Gator
United States
Apopka
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot quote the rulebook to you but I am very condfident that an Ambush unit can shoo. The act of shooting reveals the unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. From scenario book, page 2, there are rules for Objectives and Bonus Tactics. Both go to the player at the end of Supply phase provided the opponent is not adjacent.

2. When you fire, the unit is revealed automatically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As for the related question, the Ambush unit is revealed if one of these conditions is fulfilled:
- unit is within Clear LOS of enemy unit and NOT in terrain or overlay
- unit is within LOS and within 2 spaces of enemy unit and in a terrain or overlay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Easiest way to do this is recommend the Unofficial rewrite.

Many questions were discussed with folks from DPG so it covers a lot of questions from the original rules:

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/110560/unofficial-manual-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels Thornberg
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
Nostradunwhich wrote:
Easiest way to do this is recommend the Unofficial rewrite.

Many questions were discussed with folks from DPG so it covers a lot of questions from the original rules:

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/110560/unofficial-manual-...

Yes I aleady downloaded it and read it. It helped a lot. I still had a few questions that I couldnt find answers to. Yes, I might missed the answers in the rulebook. Apologize.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels Thornberg
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
pisqueeter wrote:
1. From scenario book, page 2, there are rules for Objectives and Bonus Tactics. Both go to the player at the end of Supply phase provided the opponent is not adjacent.

1. Thank you. I missed that.

2. There is a card that allows your conceal unit to fire, leading me to believe that the unit cannot fire during concealment and since you can not move and fire in the same turn (unless you have a card), then it leads me to believe that you are locked into concealment until you use a movement to reveal yourself. Not being able to fire until next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KoichiroDK wrote:
pisqueeter wrote:

1. Thank you. I missed that.

2. There is a card that allows your conceal unit to fire, leading me to believe that the unit cannot fire during concealment and since you can not move and fire in the same turn (unless you have a card), then it leads me to believe that you are locked into concealment until you use a movement to reveal yourself. Not being able to fire until next turn.

Your original question #2 was confusing. I can't envision why a unit would voluntarily reveal itself unless by virtue of movement (in which case it cannot fire without a card like Burst into Action). A hidden unit may be revealed by an enemy unit, in which case the unit did not actually move, so it can still fire.

The more detailed answer follows (assumes you play no cards).

If your Ambush unit is NOT hidden at the beginning of the turn and you use the movement portion of the turn to hide the unit, then you cannot fire. However, if your unit is already hidden at the start of the turn and remains hidden, then you may fire, at which point it is revealed. If your hidden unit is revealed by enemy movement, you may still fire because technically it has not moved.

Note, that the Ambush unit can flip only once per turn, so if revealed by the enemy it cannot then flip to hidden. However, it can move or it can shoot or do both if you have a card (e.g., Burst into Action).

The rules from DPG suffer from some translation problems in which it appears they are saying that being revealed is movement. That is not the case. The unit itself taking action and/or hiding is movement, but being revealed by the enemy is not. The approach to take in these situations of poor translation is to apply common sense and/or use the fan made rules pointed out above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Breeden

Indiana
msg tools
mb
If a concealed unit fires it flips to unconcealed. if you have the card you spoke of it does not reveal when it fires. Otherwise a concealed unit may fire it just has to reveal when it does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pawel kluska
msg tools
Hi, i'm a newbie and i have a question about ZoC. If unit hides in shrubs/bushes does this unit exerts a zone of control over spaces adjacent to it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Doyle

Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zuberro wrote:
Hi, i'm a newbie and i have a question about ZoC. If unit hides in shrubs/bushes does this unit exerts a zone of control over spaces adjacent to it?

The instant an enemy is 2 spaces away and has LoS, the hidden unit is revealed and treated like any other unit. So yes. It would.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.