Subject: Ally interacting with familiar rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gandalf the Greyjoy
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can an ally use his/her abilities on familiar that is treated as hero?

For example, can Serena use her Soothing Spirit (each hero adjacent to this ally may recover 1 Damage and 1 Stamina) on Brightblaze familiar?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No- for the same reason Serena doesn't treat herself as a hero, she does not treat brightblaze as a hero. That is, her ally abilities are not hero abilities, monster abilities, OL cards, or attacks, so hero ONLY means hero, not "thing treated like hero".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex
France
flag msg tools
I would have said "yes" personnaly, since brightblaze is treated as a hero for all heroes skills, OL cards and attacks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rugal wrote:
I would have said "yes" personnaly, since brightblaze is treated as a hero for all heroes skills, OL cards and attacks
Right, and if Soothing spirit were a hero ability, you would be correct. But as has been previously clarified by FFG, "ally abilities" are not "hero abilities." Serena can't heal herself, or other non-heroes (heroes meaning "heroes.")

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1049501/does-healing-aura-a...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Rules Question:
1) Does Serena (or the wolf) heal from Soothing Spirit(with healing aura)? It is an "ally ability", not really a hero ability, so it seems like she wouldn't count herself as a hero- I do not know if this is intended. The same question might apply to Desmond's healing.

2)Is the condition for the beastmaster skill "savagery" fulfilled when the wolf is the only figure adjacent to the target (since he is himself both the wolf and a hero figure?) He is also a hero attacking a monster adjacent to the wolf in this case- would he get 2 green dice on all attacks? Thanks!

Quote:
1) Serena and the wolf do not heal from Soothing Spirit, as rules as written in Labyrinth of Ruin allies and familiars are not affected by ally abilities. Desmond can heal himself as he not defined as an “ally” like Serena, so his ability is not an ally ability, but a hero ability.
2) Savagery only gives the wolf 1 green die, no matter the circumstances. Though I generally prefer rules as written, in this case the intent of the card has been set as precedent.

Thanks for playing,
Kara Centell-Dunk
Game Developer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls