Bernhard Vierthaler
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last two questions for today:

1.) From another thread:

Quote:
#5 Red raider attempts to move through an unrevealed blue decoy without combat. Is the blue decoy revealed and removed or does it remain hidden and is only verified that it is not a destroyer with sufficient scanners?

The Decoy is removed immediately during the move of the Raider.

Does the decoy have to be revealed and removed, no matter if he is there alone or with other units?

2.) If an enemy moves into a hex with my cloaked rider: can he continue moving if I don´t want to trigger a combat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Decoys are revealed during the movement phase only if they're on their own in a hex.
If there's other friendly units in the same hex they're removed only when fleets are revealed.

2) The rules don't cover this.
I'd say the enemy can keep moving just like you can keep moving through his ships. If you want to stop him just initiate combat and retreat before the first round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Upshaw
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually question 2 is cover by the rules in 4.3. “Units must immediately stop all movement when entering a hex containing enemy units that have a combat capability and attack them during the Combat Phase.” The Raider is an enemy unit with a combat capability. If you move into the hex of a raider your units must stop unless they are Raiders themselves. As for combat you may decline to have any if the enemy lacks Scanners. This will mean that no units on either side are revealed and the Raider can stay in the hex instead of retreating by using rule 12.1.3.

I am basing the ability of the Raider to decline combat completely if the enemy lacks Scanners from Jim’s response in the 1.6 Version of the FAQ towards the top of page 23.

“Q. I was thinking about the other way, let’s say player A has a group of raiders, and player B chase that group and finally he reaches the raiders, player B has no way to detect them. What happens?
If A can move freely over fleets, I suppose there are no combat, or player A has to retreat..
A. If I understand this correctly, Player B without scanners is trying to force Player A raiders into combat. The simple answer is that there is no way to force raiders into combat without scanners. If player B moved into player A’s raiders, player A has the option to decline combat. If player A accepts combat, then Player B is the attacker in the combat.”

That seems to cover this question nicely. The enemy has moved into the hex that has your Raiders. You do not want to fight the enemy. The enemy lacks Scanners, so the ball is in your court. You say that you are staying in Cloak and that no combat is taking place. You have now managed to stop the enemy without revealing how many Raiders you have in the hex or being forced from the hex. This emphasizes the point that Raiders are hard to fight as you only get a shot at them if you have Scanners or they are willing to give you a shot. In the latter case this usually means that the non-Raider player is going to come up on the short end of the stick. When dealing with Raiders either out guess the enemy and deploy Scanners early or bring the war to him. Raiders that decline combat when you are shooting at their colonies are not much of a threat. Raiders that decline combat to get around you and shoot at your colonies are the problem.

What I quoted can be found here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/70482/space-empires-4x-uno...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
Oliver is right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.