Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » Rules

Subject: Are Figures Deployed by Event Used Same Round? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Nelson
United States
Towanda
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
We were playing a mission last night where when a door was opened, some figures were deployed for the imperial player. If this door is opened in the middle of the round, are the figures able to be activated that same round?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the rules reference (emmphasis mine):

RRG - Deployment wrote:
When a player deploys figures, he places the Deployment card faceup and in the ready
position
on the table. Then, he places all
figures from that group in and as close as possible to the location
indicated by the campaign guide or deployment zone.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Bolinger
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There are some Mission Events that state deployment cards should be exhausted. But this is Mission and Event specific.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
By default all deployment cards enter play ready, whether they are imperial or rebel deployment cards (there are events that bring rebel figures to play also, or change neutral figures to rebel or imperial figures). Any exceptions to that are specified in the mission rules / events.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, unless they say otherwise they are deployed as Ready.

It's the best when Rebels open a door with their last action on the final activation...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Thomason
New Zealand
Nelson
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing as we're on the subject of deployment, the main deployment at the end of the Imperial turn seems to make the scenarios too easy for the Rebels. In some scenarios this is mitigated by the time limit but for the most part, we Rebels are slaughtering the other side before they can even act. It seems like a mistake to have changed the deployment from the start of the turn (in Descent) to the end.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Weaselboy wrote:
Seeing as we're on the subject of deployment, the main deployment at the end of the Imperial turn seems to make the scenarios too easy for the Rebels. In some scenarios this is mitigated by the time limit but for the most part, we Rebels are slaughtering the other side before they can even act. It seems like a mistake to have changed the deployment from the start of the turn (in Descent) to the end.

Sorry if this is already clear to you, but to me it sounds that you are not alternating activations between Rebels and Imperial player. This said, the normal round is:

Rebel Hero 1
Imperial Player
Rebel Hero 2
Imperial Player
Rebel Hero 3
Imperial Player
Rebel Hero 4
Imperial Player


So it's only one activation the new deployment has to survive to be used.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Thomason
New Zealand
Nelson
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Locu wrote:
Weaselboy wrote:
Seeing as we're on the subject of deployment, the main deployment at the end of the Imperial turn seems to make the scenarios too easy for the Rebels. In some scenarios this is mitigated by the time limit but for the most part, we Rebels are slaughtering the other side before they can even act. It seems like a mistake to have changed the deployment from the start of the turn (in Descent) to the end.

Sorry if this is already clear to you, but to me it sounds that you are not alternating activations between Rebels and Imperial player. This said, the normal round is:

Rebel Hero 1
Imperial Player
Rebel Hero 2
Imperial Player
Rebel Hero 3
Imperial Player
Rebel Hero 4
Imperial Player


So it's only one activation the new deployment has to survive to be used.

To be honest I haven't read the rules in detail myself as I'm not the Imperial player and didn't realise there was such a huge deviation from Descent. That would make things easier for him, guess I better have paramedics standing by when I tell him lol.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would suggest you actually restart the Campaign in this case. The difference is huge!

I also suggest somebody reads the RRG the whole way through. There are many subtle differences from Descent and you may very well be getting some of the other rules wrong.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There have been enough threads like this for me to think that saying "Imperial Assault is like Descent except for..." needs to end. That comparison is apparently creating way too many incorrect rules assumptions.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Thomason
New Zealand
Nelson
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheWaspinator wrote:
There have been enough threads like this for me to think that saying "Imperial Assault is like Descent except for..." needs to end. That comparison is apparently creating way too many incorrect rules assumptions.

Those assumptions are the fault of Fantasy Flight, not the forums. Maybe they should start doing more original stuff rather than modifying their earlier games.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls