Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Sesta
United States
Matthews
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the introduction of this card in all of the nav decks, it brings up an interesting question I haven't been able to decide on for a ruling.

When the card is drawn is places an alliance alert token in every sector occupied by an outlaw ship. There are copies of the card in all 3 nav decks.

The rules for both blue sun and kalidasa state that "if you move into a sector containing one or more alert tokens during your fly action, you must resolve the alert tokens before drawing a nav card."

So far we played it as those tokens don't cause an immediate role on that players turn since they didn't move into the space during their fly action, they all ready occupied it previously.

However, this just doesn't sit right with me and it seems that the intent would be that these would be resolved the moment a fly action is triggered by a ship in that sector. That line of reasoning just doesn't fit in with the description of resolution in the rules however.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My immediate reaction is to follow the rules: you check tokens when you enter a sector, so if a token is spawned on you you don't have to check it. Those Alliance types, always chasing down rumours of where their target used to be...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also play just as written in the rules, so I do not trigger a roll check immediately upon placing the token. The way I see it thematically, your ship simply got "pinged" on radar, so the Alliance knows that outlaw ships are known to pass through your current sector.

So while it might not have an immediate effect, it still places more tokens on the board!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sesta
United States
Matthews
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree and that's how we have played it. Just wanted to run it by you fine folk. Many thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
Both Roger's and Tom's takes on it above satisfy any doubt for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Hall
United States
Murfreesboro
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I'm misremembering the rules from Blue Sun, but the alert token can call the alliance cruiser to your location, right?

So, can this cause an alliance alert token to be placed somewhere that the alliance doesn't go (border space and rim space); if you fail the roll, does that mean that the alliance cruiser can fly out to Miranda, for instance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cassidy zimmerman
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
achall615 wrote:
Maybe I'm misremembering the rules from Blue Sun, but the alert token can call the alliance cruiser to your location, right?

So, can this cause an alliance alert token to be placed somewhere that the alliance doesn't go (border space and rim space); if you fail the roll, does that mean that the alliance cruiser can fly out to Miranda, for instance?

I would assume that the Corvette will go to Miranda and the Cruiser will remain restricted to Alliance space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Stratford
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kcdzim wrote:
achall615 wrote:

I would assume that the Corvette will go to Miranda and the Cruiser will remain restricted to Alliance space.

Yes, alliance tokens can now be placed in Border and Rim Space.

The Corvette Starts at Cortex Relay 2 and can go anywhere on the Map. There are rules for contact with a Reaver Ship. The Alliance Cruiser still can't leave Alliance Space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls