United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kickstarter campaign for World's Fair 1893 is scheduled to launch on September 29 and run through October 28. You can find links to preview the Kickstarter page that we are building in public and to get an email notification on launch on our website:

* http://worldsfairgame.com/

I will also comment on this thread when the campaign is live.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron Yert
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! Looking forward to this make it to Kickstarter. It's been fun watching it develop over the last year. We will be first day backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Liles
United States
Valparaiso
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
laughLooking forward to this game! It will be great to play through this era.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Meledeo
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
PURPLE
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Johnson
United States
Chester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will an H.H. Holmes serial killer expansion be a stretch goal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Hill
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha, just what this game needs, some form of Traitor mechanic. Not sure how that could be added though.
Maybe it would operate like the Bio-Terrorist in Pandemic. You're all competing to be the most prestigious in the World's Fair, at the same time a serial killer is wracking up a death toll. Too many victims... and the Fair shuts down, Bum bum bum!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hope
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Randy, will there be any stretch goals? One thing I might suggest, if you haven't thought of it already, is the possibility of upgrading the cubes to custom shaped meeples. In fitting with the theme, perhaps the meeples could have a top hat or something? Alternatively they could be balloon shaped? Just a thought
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian White
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please please please tell me there's an H. H. Holmes character card in the game somewhere ..?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Allen
United States
Winter Garden
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think an Elias Disney card might be a little more "on theme," since Walt's Dad was a contractor who worked on the White City
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Hoyt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We will be leaving out any mention of Dr. Holmes. The theme of the World's Fair is a perfect fit for our brand: we are particularly looking to publish games with fresh themes that celebrate what's good in the world. Including one of the first serial killers in the game just wouldn't quite fit that.

That said, based on the number of times people have asked about this, I would be a little surprised if no one makes a fan expansion. I'll be happy to help playtest any such expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Hoyt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@Jeremy, I love that idea! I'm imagining meeples with top hats (men) and dresses and hats (women), patterned after the two people in the foreground of the painting below. I'm getting custom meeples quoted right now. With 88 cubes in the game, I suspect upgrading the game itself would push the cost of the game too high no matter how many we print. But we might be able to offer that as an add-on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hope
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Randy, that would be super amazing! Even if it is a 'deluxe' pledge level I would get on board with that! Or an add on, however you want to run it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Hoyt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kickstarter campaign for World's Fair 1893 is now live.

* http://worldsfairgame.com/

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Hoyt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The campaign is in its final hours. We have raised $43,500+ so far with 1370+ backers, with 6 hours still to go.

> http://kck.st/1iHYWOE

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls