Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday, W. Eric Martin of BGG News tweeted an image of "The Game on Fire", a special edition of The Game that publisher NSV will be releasing for Spiel 2015 in Essen.

This version includes a mini-expansion (no details yet) and a game mat for organizing the four card stacks, and is packaged in a tube not unlike a Pringles can:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't give a source (sorry, I forgot where), but I read somewhere that it basically includes new "fire" cards for the numbers 11, 22, 33, etc. which once being played have to be covered up again before the turn comes back to you by someone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Boone
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Reading your recent posts has been like dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.
mbmbmbmbmb
FreedomGunfire wrote:
This version includes (...) a game mat for organizing the four card stacks, and is packaged in a tube not unlike a Pringles can

Both sound cool individually. But with the mat curled up from being in the can, I'd be surprised if that mat was very usable in practice...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Sagel
Netherlands
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
booned wrote:
FreedomGunfire wrote:
This version includes (...) a game mat for organizing the four card stacks, and is packaged in a tube not unlike a Pringles can

Both sound cool individually. But with the mat curled up from being in the can, I'd be surprised if that mat was very usable in practice...
You just need to flatten the mat by putting four actual Pringles cans on the corners. Flat playmat + snacks within reach = WIN-WIN!!!
Spoiler (click to reveal)
and very greasy cards, unfortunately

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the mat will of necessity be rolled up to fit in the can, I'd be surprised if it weren't made of neoprene or a similar material.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls