Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Kolodji
United States
Laporte
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
We had a situation where I was the Beast and landed on Cobra. We were uncertain about the order of operations. Since it states that landing on an agent is an automatic hit, that makes me think the agent immediately takes damage because you don't have to roll. But the ambush states that the hunter is stunned and can't attack. Which happens first? We played it that the agent took the hit and then the Beast was stunned so couldn't follow with brutal strength. Thematically it made sense, because even if the Beast is stunned, he is laying on you and that would hurtcry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cobra's Ambush ability will prevent him from attacking at all (see here and here).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tarr
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have played in the reverse way.

The "automatic hit" is still an attack, so the Cobra prevents that by stunning the hunter.

But I'd be curious to hear from others on it.

Edit: looks like others have already weighed in... ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoardGameCo
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We houseruled that beast vs cobra the attack doesn't go through, but you get your chance with Brutal Strength. If only because otherwise it was frustrating to pick the beast and end up being against Cobra. Until we houseruled that, we stopped picking Beast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Kolodji
United States
Laporte
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the help. Even though we played it wrong, the agent still would have lost. He only had 4 turns left at the time and needed one more objective at the bottom of the board and to still get out. I've played 4 times now and that's the first time I was actually able to land on someone. I'm imagining that the situation might never come up again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erwin Anciano
Philippines
flag msg tools
We play it like Alex does. The Ambush cancels out all melee attacks, but the Beast's Brute Strength still triggers as it isn't an attack per se.

I agree that Cobra is too strong, especially against the Beast. The Gun is the best counter against Cobra, but even then he's a pain to kill.

He's definitely the strongest of the Agents IMO. Although a really skilled Agent player can run circles around the enemy with Blue Jay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.